[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - April 10, 2015

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Apr 10 10:12:43 PDT 2015

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
April 10, 2015

________________________________
Thank You For Giving
A Huge Thank You to all those who donated items for the Y Disciple Care Packages for the Homeless, this Lenten season. You donated enough items for us to make up 209 care packages this year. On Holy Saturday, 10 teens and 5 adults distributed the packages at the Marian House and in the parks downtown. Your generosity was so greatly appreciated and welcomed. Thank you again for helping our Y Disciple teens be the true Disciples of Christ as they are called to be.
________________________________
New Bible Study
The Book of Revelations: The Kingdom Yet to Come is our next bible study. It is an 11 part series led by Jeff Cavins. We will meet on Monday evenings at 7 pm beginning on April
13 and learn the meaning of the mysterious figures and events in the final book of the bible. Call Diane Littleton 282 -3406 or e-mail diane.littleton at gmail.com. Cost will be
about $40.
________________________________
Religious Education Needs You
Do you enjoy working with children? Our Religious Education program sure can use   volunteers to help with Elementary grade levels. If you have time twice a month to
teach our kids about our Catholic Faith, please prayerfully consider helping our RE program. We have openings on Monday from 4:30-6:00 and Sunday from 12:30-2:00pm.
Only requirements are a love for kids, have been a parishioner for more than 6 months and be Safe Trained. Please contact Cindy Martinez at 528-8407.
________________________________
Senior Social Group
All seniors (age 55+) please join us for fun and friendship. We meet for lunch on the second Tuesday of the month and have an activity day on the fourth Tuesday. Call Sharon at 282-1912 for more information.

Lunch: Tuesday, April 14, noon, at the Golden Bee at the Broadmoor (1 Lake Avenue). Call
Sharon at 282-1912 for reservations by Friday, April 10.

Game Day: Tuesday, April 28, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. in St. Michael's room
________________________________
Knight of Columbus Membership Drive
On Saturday and Sunday, 28-29 March, Saint Gabriel's Knights of Columbus held a membership drive. Anyone who has filled out a Form 100 (membership document) or
is interested in learning more about the Knight of Columbus please contact the  membership drive chairman Vic Garcia at (719) 282-7861. Vic is normally home in the
evenings, if you miss him just leave a message and he'll call you back.

Online Resource Links

*   Symbolon Sign-up<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/SymbolonAdultFaith.aspx>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Online Scrip Orders<http://stgabriel.onlinescrip.com/>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sunday: Holy Hour for Divine Mercy at 3pm.
Sunday: Adult Education classes from 6-7:30 pm in the St. Monica Room.

Upcoming Events
Tuesday, April 14: Senior Social Group lunch at Golden Bee at noon. Reservations required.

Wednesday, April 15: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.

Friday, April 17: Date Night. Potluck at 6pm. Program begins at 6:30.
For more news and events
View the Aril 12 Bulletin<http://www.saintgabriel.net/Portals/3/QuickDocs/Bulletins/April%2011-12,%202015.pdf>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>