[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - June 19, 2015

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jun 19 08:29:59 PDT 2015

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
June 19, 2015

________________________________
FOOD PANTRY DONATIONS NEXT WEEKEND
Food pantry collection is June 27 and 28, so be sure to pick up your bin and grocery list after Mass today. Or if you prefer, just place your donations in a bag and drop them off at the Knights of Columbus trailer. Needed items include: Cereal, condiments (salt, pepper, mustard, mayonnaise, etc.), dry pinto beans, rice, saltine crackers, sugar and tuna. Personal hygiene items including lotion, hair spray, shaving cream, toothpaste and toothbrushes are also needed. Thank you for your generous support of Gabriel's Gifts. Your contributions truly make a difference!
________________________________
BE A SUMMER HERO

There will be a blood drive next weekend at Saint Gabriel. The Blood Vessel Mobile Unit will be parked outside the church.
WHEN:
Saturday, June 27, 2015
4:00 pm. - 7:00 pm.

Sunday, June 28, 2015
9:00 am. - 1:00 pm.

Sign-up in the Narthex during the weekend of June 20-21 Walk-ins Welcome Driver's License Required For eligibility questions call 719-776-5822. Sponsored by  Penrose-St. Francis health Services.
________________________________
'Fortnight for Freedom' Rosary Ride
Sunday, June 28, 2015 - Everyone is invited to join motorcyclists from around the diocese on our 4th Annual "Fortnight for Freedom" Rosary Ride. This year's ride will once again take us through the beautiful scenery of Colorado on some of the Frontier Pathways Scenic Byway! So, plan for a scenic and leisurely ride as we pray together, in solidarity with our bishops, for the preservation of religious freedom and conscience protections. Estimated round trip miles this year - 243! The ride begins with a motorcycle blessing at 7:30 am at St. Gabriel the Archangel. For more information, please call the parish office at 719-528-8407, or visit www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>.
________________________________
POPE FRANCIS ON FATHERS
This week, we thank God the Father for our earthly fathers, who model his goodness! Pope Francis said that fathers, like St. Joseph, "are the irreplaceable guardians and mediators of faith in goodness, of faith in justice and in God's protection" .

Online Resource Links

*   Symbolon Sign-up<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/SymbolonAdultFaith.aspx>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Online Scrip Orders<http://stgabriel.onlinescrip.com/>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat-Sun, Gabriel's Gifts Bin Pick Up Weekend
Sat-Sun, Back to School supply drive this weekend through July 5.

Upcoming Events
Tuesday, June 23: Senior Social Group Game Day from 1:00 to 3:00 pm in St. Michael's Room.
Wednesday, June 24: Knights of Columbus Council meeting at 7 pm.
Wednesday, June 24: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm.
Thursday, June 25: Ladies Auxiliary meeting at 6:30 pm.
For more news and events
View the June 21 Bulletin<http://www.saintgabriel.net/Portals/3/QuickDocs/Bulletins/June20-21,%202015.pdf>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>