[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - Liturgical Ministries Volunteers Needed

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Aug 21 08:16:46 PDT 2015

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
August 21, 2015

________________________________
Liturgical Ministries Volunteers Needed
Dear Friends in Christ,
This weekend we are celebrating the wonderful gifts of time and talent, which are being offered each week by parishioners who volunteer for our liturgical ministries.  As a parish we would not be able to offer the celebration of the Masses as we do without the constant presence of dedicated volunteers who serve as lectors, choir members, musicians, servers, sacristans, extraordinary ministers, sound techs, commentators and ushers.  Each ministry fills an important need, and our entire community benefits from their hard work and commitment.  Every time a visitor comes to our parish and tells me how wonderful, prayerful, or beautiful our celebrations are; it is the work of these ministers that make it possible.
Though many parishioners volunteer in our liturgical ministries, there is still need for more to ensure that we can cover all the needs for our five weekly Masses!  Several ministries have a shortage of volunteers and can use your help.  Ministries in most need include sacristans, usher, commentators, and sound tech.   For those who attend the 4:30 mass particularly, we can use help in all of the ministries.  Over the next few weeks, check the TV screens and bulletin for information on the different ministries.  Then prayerfully consider how you can assist in any of these ministries.  And know that we will walk with you to make sure you have the training you will need!
Please pray with me this week and always, that those members of our community, who give of themselves in this way, may always be blessed and know that they are appreciated.  And please, prayerfully consider if you too have been given the gifts to help us celebrate our liturgies.  The work is lighter when we all willingly offer ourselves.
May God's blessing of peace be with you always,
Fr. Kirk

Online Resource Links

*   Symbolon Sign-up<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/SymbolonAdultFaith.aspx>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Online Scrip Orders<http://stgabriel.onlinescrip.com/>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sunday-Monday: Grade level Religious Education classes begin. See bulletin flap for all dates/times.

Upcoming Events
Wednesday, Aug 26: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
For more news and events
View the August 23 Bulletin<http://www.saintgabriel.net/Portals/3/QuickDocs/Bulletins/August22-23,%202015.pdf>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>