[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - Briarfest Help Needed

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Wed Sep 2 18:02:26 PDT 2015

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
September 2, 2015 - Special Briarfest Edition

________________________________
Briarfest Fencing Setup - Volunteers Needed
This Saturday we will be installing the temporary fence around the area where the beer tent will be located for Briafest. We will also be installing fencing on either side of the new stairs. Your help is appreciated. Looking to start around 8:00am. If you have a pile driver for T-posts please bring it.  The more volunteers we can get to assist with this project the quicker we will be able to get it done.
________________________________
Briarfest - September 11-13
Tell your friends, relatives, neighbors & co-workers about Briarfest. Year #2. On September 11-13, St. Gabriel will host Briarfest 2015, a festival designed to bring family fun and a sense of community to Briargate. Activities planned are: Carnival Midway Rides, Briarfest Bolt (5K & 1K kid fun run), Food Vendors, Entertainment, Music Concerts, Wine Tastings, Beer Garden, Briarpatch (Kids Games), Silent Auction, Exhibit, Arts & Craft Vendors and much more. For Complete List of Activities check out our Facebook page or website at www.Briarfest.com<http://www.Briarfest.com>. Crabtree Carnival Ride Tickets Now On Sale Pre-Sale Ride Tickets $20 ($5 Savings) Redeemable at "Will Call" for 1 day only wrist band all day pass for Crabtree carnival rides. Go to www.briarfest.com<http://www.briarfest.com> to purchase your tickets.
________________________________
Exciting Youth Event At Briarfest
Save the Date - September 12, 2015. That is when Gary Foote, an engaging, funny and relevant Catholic speaker will be at St. Gabriel for three youth sessions. The first will be from 11:30am - 1pm. It is entitled "The Word Became Flesh" and is geared to help altar servers develop a very personal encounter in the Eucharist. The second will be from 2-3:30pm and is entitled "Prodigal". This is geared toward the youth and teen group and helps them to learn to know the unconditional love of our Father and share it. The third will be from 4-5:30pm titled "Extreme Thirst" and is a Ydisciple Youth Event. Gary speaks to the truth that only God can quench the thirst that has been placed deep within us all. Before and after the free sessions with Gary Foote, enjoy the carnival rides, food and concerts at Briarfest 2015!
________________________________
Knights of Columbus Raffle
Double the Prizes with the Knights of Columbus 12335 Raffle being held during Briarfest on September 13, 2015 at 3 pm. Cost: $5.00 per ticket and only 1,000 tickets sold.

-          1st Prize (2 Each): $500.00;

-          2nd Prize(2 Each): $250.00;

-          3rd Prize (2 Each): $100.00;

-          4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th Prizes: $50.00 each.
See a member of the Knights of Columbus to buy your tickets.

Online Resource Links

*   Symbolon Sign-up<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/SymbolonAdultFaith.aspx>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Online Scrip Orders<http://stgabriel.onlinescrip.com/>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

Upcoming Events
Wednesday, Sept 2: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction

Friday, Sept 4: First Friday Adoration from 10am to noon.

For more news and events
View the August 30 Bulletin<http://www.saintgabriel.net/Portals/3/QuickDocs/Bulletins/August29-30,%202015.pdf>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>