[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - November 13

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Nov 13 15:25:27 PST 2015

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
November 13, 2015

________________________________
St. Gabriel Craft Fair - This Saturday
Our annual craft fair is this Saturday, November 14th between 8am-3pm.   We invite you to come enjoy some great shopping.  This event benefits the mission trip our Y-disciples will be taking next summer.   Spread the word about the event by telling your family, friends, co-workers and neighbors. Hope to see you there!
________________________________
Annual Thanksgiving Food Basket Drive
The Outreach Ministry is accepting donations for our annual Thanksgiving Food Basket drive. We will be providing Thanksgiving dinner to 40 families through Mercy's Gate. Sign up in the narthex to provide a complete meal or part of a meal. A shopping list for both is available at the sign-up table. Please return your food donations to the narthex by Sunday, November 22. Thank you for your generous support!
________________________________
Date Night Wine Tasting
Our next Date Night is November 20 at 6pm. Fr. Kirk will provide a reflection on the Wedding at Cana and we'll have ample opportunity to sample our favorite wines. Bring your spouse and a bottle of wine for the pot-luck dinner starting at 6pm. All couples from the newly engaged to great grandparents are welcomed and encouraged to come! Child care will be provided and Date Night will wrap-up about 7:45pm. Please RSVP to Joe & Lori Trechter at joetrecht at aol.com<mailto:joetrecht at aol.com> or 494-1296 or Hector & Christine Cardenas at hrccmc at yahoo.com<mailto:hrccmc at yahoo.com>. Future Date Nights: Christmas party December 11; January 23; February 19.
________________________________
New Confession Times
Beginning with Advent (November 28-29), Reconciliation will be offered at these times:
- Before Daily Mass: Monday- Friday, 11:50am -12:10pm
- Saturday - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
- Wednesdays - 5pm to 6pm
- By appointment, with Fr. Kirk or Fr. José. Please call (719) 528-8407 to schedule.
________________________________
Thanksgiving Schedule
Thanksgiving Day Mass will be celebrated at 10am on Thursday, Nov 26. The office will be closed on Thursday and Friday, November 26-27. There will be no Mass or Confessions on November 27.
________________________________
Inclement Weather Policy
For office hours and possible Confession and Mass cancellation, please call 528-8407, for recorded information which will be updated by 9am.  For specific ministry event cancellations, look for information from the ministry coordinator.  Please be safe during these winter months.

Online Resource Links

·   Symbolon Sign-up<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/SymbolonAdultFaith.aspx>

·   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

·   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

·   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

·   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Saturday: Saint Gabriel Craft Fair from 8am to 3pm.
Sunday:  Adult Education class at 6pm.  Topic is "Peter - Cornerstone of Catholicism #7".
Upcoming Events.
Wednesday, Nov 18: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction
For more news and events
View the November 8 Bulletin<http://www.saintgabriel.net/Portals/3/QuickDocs/Bulletins/November7-8,%202015.pdf>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>