[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - April 16, 2016

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Sat Apr 16 11:41:57 PDT 2016

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
April 16, 2016

________________________________
Food Pantry Bin Pickup

Food pantry collection is April 23 and 24, so be sure to pick up your bin after mass this weekend. If you prefer, just place your donations in a bag and drop them off at the Knights of Columbus trailer. Needed items include: canned fruit and vegetables (excluding canned beans and green beans), large cans of Chunky soup, condiments, spaghetti sauce, dry beans, detergent and plastic bags (both quart and sandwich size). Thank you for your contributions!
________________________________
Attention Young Adults - Exciting Opportunities

Summer Mission Trip for Young Adults
Spend 8 days of your summer with St. Gabriel's Young Adult Ministry & the Salesian Sisters "VIDES" program as we take the Gospel on the road to San Antonio,
Texas. Each day is centered around faith in action as we engage in service, daily Mass/ prayer, leadership formation & community building. Young adults ages 21-35 are invited to participate.
When: June 18 - 25, 2016 Where: San Antonio, TX
Suggested donation: $125 (Includes car transportation, accommodations, meals at volunteer site, leadership formation & missionary experience.) Registration deadline is May24.

Diocese of Colorado Springs Young Adult Retreat
Saturday, May 21 10am-8pm @ Holy Rosary Chapel in Cascade. Only $10 registration fee by Wednesday May 18 All young adults ages 21-35 are invited to attend this day of reflection which will include speakers, Mass, prayer, adoration, confession, good food, and fellowship. Retreat includes continental breakfast, lunch & dinner!
Please contact Sr. Bernadette to register for either of these events or to join our on-going ministry for young adults at srbm24 at gmail.com or 719-352-1614.
________________________________
EMHC Mandatory Review
ALL EMHC must complete a mandatory review. The bishop's office has sent material that must be reviewed by each and every minister who serves in this capacity. The review dates and times are Saturday, April 9 at 9:30-11:30am in St. Monica room; Wednesday, April 13 at 6:30 pm in Sts. Michael and Raphael; and Thursday, April 21 at 6:30 pm in Sts. John Vianney and Nicholas. Every EMHC must attend ONE review session or they may no longer serve Communion at St. Gabriel's. This includes those who have been trained in the past year. Thank you for all those who have served year in and year out. NEW EMHC may attend any one of these sessions also. Please contact Diane Littleton if you have further questions.
________________________________
Adults and Teens Invited Topic: Catholic Marriage

"The intimate community of life and love which constitutes the married state has been established by the Creator and endowed by him with its own proper laws. . . . God himself is the author of marriage" CC 1603. Please join the Y Disciple ministry on Saturday, April 23 at 6:00pm to learn more about what constitutes a Catholic marriage. Why do we hold the beliefs that we do and how can we best respond to those that challenge our Catholic beliefs on marriage? Get answers to these questions and many more. Father Jim Baron will be our guest speaker for the evening. All adults and teens are invited to this evening's talk.

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat-Sun: Bin pickup for Gabriel's Gifts
Sun: Adult Formation classes are at 5:45pm. Devine Mercy Lesson 6.

Upcoming Events.
Wed, April 20 Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Thursday April 21 EMHC refresher training at 6:30 pm in Sts. John Vianney and Nicholas rooms. Spanish Eucharistic Minister training from 7-9 pm in St. Kateri room.
Saturday, April 23 Spanish Eucharistic Minister training from 8-10 am in Saint Monica Room.
Saturday, April 23 Join the Y Disciple ministry at 6pm to learn more about what constitutes a Catholic marriage. Guest speaker is Father Jim Baron.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishInfo/Bulletins.aspx>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>