[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - May 6, 2016

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri May 6 11:34:36 PDT 2016

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
May 6, 2016

________________________________
Date Night - Tonight
All married and engaged couples of all ages are invited to our final Date Night before summer Friday, May 6th. We are having a panel of three married couples from different "seasons" of marriage to share with us. Our own retired Deacon Ken and his wife Lorraine, who will be celebrating 50 years of marriage, will be part of our panel. Please join us for a FREE barbecue starting at 6:00pm. We will provide meat, drinks, and dessert. Please bring a side item to share. The panel will begin at 6:30pm. Childcare will also be provided. Event takes place in the four-plex at St. Gabriel.
________________________________
Cinco De Mayo Celebration
Estrellas Latinas of Saint Gabriel invite you to celebrate "Cinco de Mayo" with a Mexican dinner. Date: Saturday May 7 at 6:15. Donation: $12.00 Adult and $6.00 kids 10 and under. Catering by Tres Margaritas Restaurant. Presentation by Dance Folklorico.
________________________________
Attention Young Adults - Exciting Opportunities
Summer Mission Trip for Young Adults
Spend 8 days of your summer with St. Gabriel's Young Adult Ministry & the Salesian Sisters "VIDES" program as we take the Gospel on the road to San Antonio,
Texas. Each day is centered around faith in action as we engage in service, daily Mass/ prayer, leadership formation & community building. Young adults ages 21-35 are invited to participate.
When: June 18 - 25, 2016 Where: San Antonio, TX
Suggested donation: $125 (Includes car transportation, accommodations, meals at volunteer site, leadership formation & missionary experience.) Registration deadline is May24.

Diocese of Colorado Springs Young Adult Retreat
Saturday, May 21 10am-8pm @ Holy Rosary Chapel in Cascade. Only $10 registration fee by Wednesday May 18 All young adults ages 21-35 are invited to attend this day of reflection which will include speakers, Mass, prayer, adoration, confession, good food, and fellowship. Retreat includes continental breakfast, lunch & dinner!
Please contact Sr. Bernadette to register for either of these events or to join our on-going ministry for young adults at srbm24 at gmail.com<mailto:srbm24 at gmail.com> or 719-352-1614.

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat-Sun: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale after all Masses.
Sat: Cinco De Mayo celebration after 5 pm Mass.
Sun: Mother's Day.

Upcoming Events.
Tues, May 10: Senior Social Group lunch at Ruby Tuesday's (5820 Stetson Hills Blvd) at noon.
Tues, May 10: Blue Mass at St. Mary's Cathedral at 12:10 pm.
Wed, May 11: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Wed, May 11: Knights of Columbus Council Meeting at 7 pm.
Thurs, May 12: Saint Gabriel Ladies Auxiliary Ministry Meeting at 6:30 pm.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishInfo/Bulletins.aspx>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>