[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - June 17, 2016

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jun 17 15:55:38 PDT 2016

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
June 17, 2016

________________________________
Food Pantry Collection
Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy's Gate is next weekend. Please pick up a bin after mass this weekend and bring your donation when you come to mass next weekend. Needed food items include: baking ingredients, boxed meals (Hamburger Helper, Pasta Helper, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, etc.), canned vegetables (please no corn or green beans), canned fruit, large cans of Chunky soup and chili, crackers, jelly, Jell-O, canned meats and pasta (Spam, canned ham, tuna, Spaghetti-O's) and spaghetti sauce. Needed nonfood items include: deodorant, face soap, personal hygiene products, shampoo, toothbrushes and tooth paste. Thank you so much for your support of this program!
________________________________
Fortnight For Freedom Rosary Ride
Sunday, June 26th 2016 - Whether you ride a motorcycle or want to follow along in a car, join Fr. Kirk Slattery, Dcn. Mike McGrady, and others from around the diocese on our 5th Annual "Fortnight for Freedom" Rosary Ride. This year's ride will once again take us through the beautiful scenery of Colorado on our way to the Mother Cabrini Shrine in Golden, Colorado! Plan for a scenic and leisurely ride as we pray together, in solidarity with our bishops, for the preservation of religious freedom and conscience protections. Estimated round trip mileage this year - 220 miles. The event will begin with Mass at 7:00am followed by a motorcycle blessing, both at St. Gabriel the Archangel, 8755 Scarborough Drive. For more information please call 719-528-8407 or visit www.saintgabriel.net.
________________________________
Volunteer For Briarfest
If you'd like to volunteer for Briarfest which will take place on September 9, 10, 11  Email us to Pre-register!  Volunteer at briarfest.net<mailto:Volunteer at briarfest.net>  Or Call 303-217-0319
________________________________
Men of Saint Gabriel
Join Deacon Mike for breakfast, fellowship and prayer at the St. Gabriel men's breakfast on June 25 at 8:30 in the four-plex. The topic of the initial meeting will be: "The Father - Son Relationship"

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat-Sun: Bin pick up for Gabriel's Gifts after all Masses.
Sat: Knights of Columbus invites you to a Flags of our Nation presentation after 5 pm Mass.
Upcoming Events.
Tues, June 21: Safety Readiness Meeting 7 pm.
Wed, June 22: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Wed, June 22: Knight of Columbus Meeting 7pm.
Thurs, June 23: Ladies Auxiliary Ministry Meeting at 6:30 pm.
Fri, June 24: Reading/discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina after 12:15 Mass.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishInfo/Bulletins.aspx>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>