[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - July 29, 2016

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jul 29 18:34:45 PDT 2016

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
July 29, 2016

________________________________
Food Pantry Collection This Weekend
Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy's Gate is this weekend. Please bring your donation to the Knights of Columbus trailer in front of the church when you come to mass this weekend. Needed food items include: baking ingredients, boxed meals (Hamburger Helper, Pasta Helper, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, etc.), canned vegetables (please no corn or green beans), canned fruit, large cans of Chunky soup and chili, crackers, jelly, Jell-O, canned meats and pasta (Spam, canned ham, tuna, Spaghetti-O's) and spaghetti sauce. Needed nonfood items include: deodorant, face soap, personal hygiene products, shampoo, toothbrushes and tooth paste. Thank you so much for your support of this program!
________________________________
Healing Mass - Monday August 8
Father Aniello Salicone, who will be in the Pikes Peak area for the St. Thomas Aquinas Society Jesus King of All Nations Conference, will celebrate a Healing Mass at Saint Gabriel on Monday August 8 at 7pm.  This will be a regular mass followed by a special healing service conducted by Father Salicone.  The Knights of Columbus will be assisting with this mass and will have light refreshments available after the Mass.  Everyone is welcome to attend including people of all faiths.

________________________________
Briarfest Silent Auction
Briarfest is right around the corner and now is the time to start sending in items for the silent auction. There are many ways to help, just drop off items, we will assemble them in baskets, send in baskets you having laying around the house, provide gift cards for dinners, movies, entertainment, etc., create your own themed basket. If you are at your favorite restaurant ask them to donate a gift card, the ways of helping are endless, but we do need your help. Without your continuous help, we wouldn't be so successful. Thank you once again for always showing your support for our wonderful silent auction. Please drop off items to the church office during normal business hours no later than August 1. If you have any questions please contact Judy Gamble at 338-1152 or at jgamble6568 at hotmail.com

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat-Sun: Bin drop off for Gabriel's Gifts after all Masses.
Upcoming Events.
Tues, Aug 2: Outreach Committee Meeting 7 pm.
Tues, Aug 2: Respect Life Meeting 6 pm.
Wed, Aug 3: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Fri, Aug 5: First Friday Adoration from 10 am to noon.
Fri, Aug 5: Reading/discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishInfo/Bulletins.aspx>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>