[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - Dec 8, 2016

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu Dec 8 07:40:47 PST 2016

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
December 8, 2016

________________________________
Feast of Immaculate Conception
Today (Thursday Dec 8) is the Feast of Immaculate Conception and it is a Holy Day of Obligation. Mass at 12:15 and 6:30 pm. Office closed.
________________________________
Holiday Mass Schedule
PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGES TO THE REGULAR WEEKEND MASS TIMES AND THE NEW CHRISTMAS MASS TIMES.

CHRISTMAS EVE MASSES, SATURDAY DECEMBER 24
Masses at 4 pm, 6:30 pm, 8:30 pm (Spanish), and Midnight.

CHRISTMAS DAY MASS, SUNDAY DECEMBER 25
Mass at 10 am.

NEW YEAR'S EVE MASS, SATURDAY DECEMBER 31
Mass at 5 pm.

NEW YEAR'S DAY MASSES, SUNDAY JANUARY 1
Masses at 8:30 am, 10:30 am, 12:30 pm (Spanish), and 4:30 pm.
________________________________
Our Lady of Guadalupe
There will be Mass and Mananitas for Our Lady of Guadalupe on December 12
at 7 am. All are invited to attend.
________________________________
Gabriel's Gift's Food Pantry Collection
Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy's Gate is next weekend. Please pick up a bin after mass today and bring your donation when you come to mass next weekend. Needed food items include: baking ingredients, boxed meals (Hamburger Helper, Pasta Helper, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, etc.), canned vegetables (please no corn or green beans), canned fruit, large cans of Chunky soup and chili, crackers, jelly, Ramen noodles, canned meats and pasta (Spam, canned ham, tuna, Spaghetti-O's) and spaghetti
sauce. Needed nonfood items include: deodorant, face soap, personal hygiene products, shampoo, toothbrushes, tooth paste, sandwich size plastic bags and laundry detergent. Our October collection totaled 1013 pounds. According to Mercy's Gate staff, St. Gabriel continues to be a major supporter of the food pantry. Thank you so much!
________________________________

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat: Information Meeting on design for expansion of church  at 6:30 pm.
Sat-Sun: Bin Pick Up for Gabriel's Gifts after all Masses.
Sat-Sun: Second Collection for Retirement Fund for Religious.
Upcoming Events.
Mon, Dec 12: Our Lady of Guadalupe. Mass and Mananitas 7 am.
Wed, Dec 14: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Wed, Dec 14: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7 pm.
Fri, Dec 16: Reading/discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.
Sat, Dec 17: Posadas after 5 pm Mass.
Sat, Dec 17: Baptism Class 8:30 am-12:30 pm. Call office to sign up.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>