[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Apr 21 11:35:13 PDT 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

St Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
April 21, 2017

________________________________

Exposition of the Sacred Relics

St. Gabriel welcomes you to a teaching and exposition of over 150 Sacred Relics. Among the treasures will be relics of St. Therese of Lisieux (the "Little Flower"), St. Francis of Assisi, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Thomas Aquinas, and St. Faustina Kowalska. In addition, there will also be present a piece of a veil which is believed to have belonged to Our Lady and one of the largest remaining pieces of the True Cross in the world. Presented by Fr. Carlos Martins of the Companions of the Cross. Held in the church on Saturday, April 29 after the 5pm Mass.

________________________________

Divine Mercy Sunday – April 23
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy will be recited, along with Eucharistic Adoration, on Sunday, April 23, from 3:00-4:00 PM.  Please join us to celebrate this solemnity.

________________________________

Saint Gabriel's 2017 May Procession, Mary Crowning,

& Led Rosary
Join us to honor Mary, the Queen of Angels and Families, during the 5:00 PM Mass on May 6th. We invite all children, family, and adults to share in this procession.  Please bring flowers to lay at Mary's feet to honor Our Lady of Grace. Our parish will also have some flowers available to pass out. We also invite you to come and pray the Rosary in honor of Mary, Queen of the Holy Rosary starting 30 minutes before all Masses, May 6th and 7th.

________________________________

What is an intention?
An intention is simply an indication of what you hope to be able to contribute, and helps us to understand the progress of our campaign and what we can hope to build.
 We have been blessed that so many of our dedicated families have already responded prayerfully and generously with their intentions.  Given the size and demographic of our parish, this goal is certainly attainable, but will require the committed participation of every parishioner.
 Now that I have sent in my Commitment card – what now??
• Donations can begin at any time
• Donations can be made in different ways:
* Write a check with “Beacon of Faith” or “Capital Campaign” in the memo line and
▪ Put in the weekend collection basket
▪ Mail to the office
▪ Drop off at the office
* For those parishioners who receive offertory envelopes, there will be one “special campaign” envelope per month included in the package.  These can be used when putting your donation in the offertory basket, but are not necessary.
* Online Giving – access the St. Gabriel website, www.saintgabriel.net, to donate either by credit card or EFT bank check.
* Contact your financial institution and set up an automatic “bill pay”
        ▪ Make sure “Beacon of Faith” or “Capital Campaign” is on the check so it is credited to the proper fund.
        ▪ Donation can be set up for any day of the month.
 We thank everyone who have sent in their commitment cards.  May you be abundantly blessed this Easter season and always!
Should you have questions, please contact the office at office at saintgabriel.net or 719-528-8407.
________________________________

 Gabriel’s Gift’s Collection
Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy’s Gate is next weekend. Please pick up a bin after mass today and bring your donation when you come to mass next weekend. Critically needed food items include: Baked goods, cereal, Chunky soup (large cans), canned fruit, canned tomatoes/tomato sauce, condiments (mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, etc.), jelly, Jell-O, main courses (Spam, chili, sardines, canned salmon, canned ravioli, Spaghetti-O, etc.), spaghetti sauce and sugar.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend:

Sat-Sun: Bin Pick Up for Gabriel's Gifts.

Sun: Divine Mercy Sunday. The Divine Mercy Chaplet will be recited, along with Eucharistic Adoration, from 3-4pm.

Upcoming Events:

Mon, April 24: A Biblical Walk Through the Mass Bible Study 7pm.

Tues, April 25: Prayer: Finding Intimacy with God Bible Study 10am.

Wed, April 26: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, April 26: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, April 27: Ladies ministry Meeting 6:30pm.

Fri, April 28: Reading/ discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Fri, April 28: Date Night 6pm.

Sat, April 29: Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sat, April 29: Relic's Tour after 5pm Mass.

Sun, April 30: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>