[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri May 12 11:15:35 PDT 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
May 12, 2017

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Commitment Cards

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Faith Formation End of Year Celebration

Saturday May 13 from 10:30am -12:30pm. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs will be provided. Last name A-M please bring a side dish. Last Name N-Z please bring a dessert. Please RSVP by emailing recoordinator at saintgabriel.net<mailto:recoordinator at saintgabriel.net> or text Kim at 719-209-6229.

________________________________

First Communion Masses
85 Saint Gabriel children will be receiving their First Communion on Saturday May 20 and Sunday May 21. The number of children and their families is far too large to host at one Mass. We have decided to break up the ceremonies and have them during the 5pm Mass on Saturday, 8:30, 10:30 and 12:30 Spanish Mass on Sunday. There will be more family, friends and parishioners in attendance than usual during these Masses. Please pray for our children receiving this wonderful Sacrament.
________________________________

 Register NOW for VBS!

June 19th -23rd from 8:30am – 11:30am We are also in need of volunteers.

All forms need to be returned to the office. The forms can be picked up at the office or the VBS display in the Narthex. You can also download the forms from the St. Gabriel website at www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>.

________________________________

Happy Anniversary!

Congratulations to Fr. Kirk on the 9th anniversary of his Ordination (May 17, 2008) and Dcn Mike McGrady on the 5th anniversary of his Ordination (May 19, 2012). Thanks for all you do for our parish!
________________________________

Young Adult Conference

The Diocese of Colorado Springs is hosting the St. John Bosco Young Adult Ministry Conference, for everyone in their 20’s & 30’s.  It will take place on Saturday, May 20th, from 10am-8pm at St. Francis of Assisi Parish (Colorado Springs).  The day will feature awesome speakers, mass, adoration and confession, music and fun.  Registration before May 15 is only $15 and includes lunch and dinner.  Registration is available on the diocesan website.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend:

Sat: Faith Formation End of Year Celebration 10:30am-12:30pm.

Sat-Sun: Second Collection for the Trinity Dome.

Upcoming Events:

Tues, May 16: Prayer: Finding Intimacy with God Bible Study 10am.

Wed, May 17: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Fri, May 19: Reading/ discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Fri, May 19: Date Night 6-8pm.

Sat, May 20: Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Sat, May 20: First Communion at 5pm Mass.

Sun, May 21: First Communion at 8:30am, 10:30am, and 12:30pm Masses.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>