[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jun 30 11:31:07 PDT 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
June 30, 2017

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Commitment Cards

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

The Pastoral Council is sponsoring a volunteer appreciation night at Sky Sox stadium on Friday, July 14, 2017.  The church will provide one free ticket per volunteer.   If you would like to purchase additional tickets for non-volunteers then it’s $10 each which includes the tailgate before the game.    You can RSVP and pay for tickets by the following:

  *
        Online Reservation:  Credit Cards Accepted for additional non-volunteer members. Visit our Parish Website, www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>
  *
     Reservations by coming to the parish office.   (No credit cards accepted in the parish office for additional non-volunteer members).

     RSVP must be made by July 7th in order for the church to make a bulk discount purchase and print the tickets. Printed Tickets will be available at the volunteer desk in the parish office after July 10th for all those who sent an RSVP. The Pastoral Council will be serving free hot dogs, chips and drinks at the tailgate at 5:30 before the game.   Game starts at 7:05.  Bring your lawn chairs. Thank you to all of our volunteers who help make St. Gabriel’s a special and welcoming place for all those who enter the doors.

________________________________

Briarfest Volunteers
Briarfest Volunteers Needed for September 8-10th!!!!  Please volunteer to make Briarfest a success this year. After Masses the weekend(s) of July 15th/16th and August 12th/13th, there will be a signup table in the narthex with people to help you sign up for the various areas.
For electronic signup, send email to volunteer at briarfest.net and a registration form will be sent to you. Thank you to those that have already signed up and those of you that are going to sign up!

________________________________

NEW IN THE LIBRARY!

We’ve added some fun classic films to our “Family Movies” collection!

                Swiss Family Robinson

                The Last Unicorn (animated)

                Pete’s Dragon (the original)

                The African Queen (Humphrey Bogart & Katharine Hepburn)

We’ve also added new DVDs on saints and Eucharistic miracles, among others—

                Life for Life: Maximilian Kolbe

                Restless Heart—the Confessions of Augustine

                The Reluctant Saint—the Incredible Story of St. Joseph of Cupertino, “the Flying Friar”

                Signs from God—Miracles and their Meaning (Eucharistic Miracles Investigated)

                Biblical Walk Through the Mass (the guide and workbook is on the “Bible Study” shelves)

                God’s Not Dead 2

                A Man for all Seasons

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

Upcoming Events:

Mon, July 3: Bible Study on Eucharist 7pm.

Tues, July 4: Office Closed for 4th of July Holiday. There will be Confession and

Wed, July 5: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour from 4-5pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, July 5: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Meeting 7pm.

Wed, July 5: Spanish Baptism Class 7pm.

Fri, July 7: Last Day to RSVP for Volunteer Appreciation Sky Sox Baseball Game.

Fri, July 7: First Friday Adoration 10am-noon.

Fri, July 7: Reading/ discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, July 8: St. Gabriel Women's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>