[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Aug 25 11:47:46 PDT 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
August 25, 2017

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Commitment Cards

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Volunteers Needed for Briarfest
Briarfest 2017 is just around the corner ~ September 8th, 9th, and 10th.  This year's event promises to be even bigger than the last and will require many volunteers to make it possible. If you have already signed up you do not need to do so again. Volunteers are needed in the following areas:  Parking Attendant, Entrance Greeter, Five Guys Fun Zone, Silent Auction, Information Tent/Ticket Sales, First Aid, Operations (Set up/Clean Up), Briarfest Marketplace, Craft & Business Expo, Walk for Hunger, and Security. Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age and complete the required permission forms and waivers.  Any adult volunteer working with children (Five Guys Fun Zone) must be Safe Trained and will be required to submit the appropriate paperwork. Please help us to continue to bring Briarfest to the community; this event is not possible without your time and support.
Go to https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07ee36797l43591ce0&oseq=&c=&ch  to sign up. If you have any questions you can email; Dannette Tobin @ volunteer at briarfest.net or call 719-822-2045. Thank you for your dedication and time to make Briarfest another successful year! Volunteer Training will be on Wednesday, August 30 from 6-9pm.

________________________________

Walk To End Hunger
It's time to gear up for our 2nd annual Briarfest Walk to End Hunger! We are partnering with King Soopers and Academy Christian Church to collect food for Mercy's Gate, a local ministry. Bring your donation to the collection bin in the narthex, or make a purchase and donation directly at the Union/Briargate Pkwy King Soopers.
Plan to walk with us on Saturday, Sept. 9, beginning at 9:00 AM. We'll trek from the west grassy field of the church, down Austin Bluffs Pkwy, to King Soopers, where we will accept the King Soopers donations, returning to the church. Baby strollers and wagons are encouraged...a perfect family activity! Sign up on www.briarfest.com, and join in the fun, all to support our neighbors in need!

________________________________

Briarfest Carnival Ride Tickets

Briarfest Carnival Ride tickets are now on sale.   $20 per ticket. Save $5 if you pre-purchase the tickets.   Redeemable at "Will Call" for 1 Day Only Wrist Band.  All Day Pass for Crabtree Carnival Rides. Tickets Available at: www.briarfest.com<http://www.briarfest.com/>. Tickets also available in the church office during business hours. Cash and check accepted.
________________________________

Daily Mass Change
September 11-15:  Priests on retreat.  No daily Mass or confessions.
________________________________

Save The Date
A ministry fair will be held after all Masses on the weekend of Sept. 23-24. Liturgical ministers are needed in ALL areas.  Please prayerfully consider how you can share your talents to support the Holy Mass.  Contact Kathy Thomas at kthomas at saintgabriel.net, or call 528-8407, ext. 107 for more information.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat-Sun: Bin Drop Off for Mercy's Gate at all Masses.

Sat: Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sat: Faith Formation Kick Off 10am-1pm.

Sun: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Sun: YDisciples Launch Party 6-8pm.

Upcoming Events:

Mon, August 28: Bible Study on Eucharist 7pm.

Mon, August 28: Information session for Catechetical School's Apologetics Course 9am.

Wed, August 30: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour from 4-5pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, Aug 30: Briarfest Volunteer Training 6-9pm.

Fri, September 1: First Friday Adoration 10am-noon.

Fri, September 1: Reading/ discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Save The Date:

September 8-10: Briarfest

September 21: Therese: The Story of a Soul 6pm.

September 23-24: Ministry Fair after all Masses

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>