[St. Gabriel Parish News] Fw: Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Dec 1 09:46:32 PST 2017

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
December 1, 2017

________________________________

28th ANNUAL NATIONAL NIGHT OF PRAYER FOR LIFE

Just as Jesus became Man at His conception, likewise, when a child is conceived, he/she becomes a member of our human family. This little person now dwells among us. So that our nation and world may accept this truth, conform to God’s Laws and protect our unborn brothers and sisters…

COME PRAY WITH US!!!!!

Join in Unity of Prayer across America and the entire world to restore:

LIFE, FAITH, FAMILY & PEACE.

…Before I formed you in the womb I knew you—Jeremiah 1:5

If my people… humble themselves and pray, and seek my presence and turn from their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven and pardon their sins and revive their land.—2 Chronicles 7:12

The world needs the Blessed Mother’s intercession!

Saint Gabriel will participate on:

DECEMBER 8, 2017, 10pm – 11pm MST

NATIONAL HOUR OF UNITY IS 12AM TO 1AM (EST)

Click on the link below to RSVP:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/28th-annual-national-night-of-prayer-for-life-tickets-40910942731?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text
________________________________

Advent Date Night with Father "Nate"

Don’t miss your chance to hear this informative and engaging speaker, writer, retreat leader, explorer, innovator, and educator. Originally from Toledo, Ohio, Father Nathan Cromly is a Catholic priest of the Brothers of Saint John in Denver, Colorado.  Father Nathan’s spiritual direction, teaching, and dynamic witness has touched the lives of tens of thousands of teenagers, married couples, and families in all 50 states.  He will present to the St. Gabriel community “How to Engage in the Modern World and Not Lose Your Faith”.  Mark your calendars for Friday, December 15th, from 6-8pm in the St. Gabriel four-plex.  Event is free, but a goodwill offering may be made to support Father’s ministries.  Please bring an appetizer or dessert to share (we are not planning a full meal).  Childcare will be offered but RSVP soon as slots are almost full, and please feed your children or pack them a dinner.  To RSVP outside of e-vite, please contact Joe and Lori at 494-1296 or joetrecht at aol.com<mailto:joetrecht at aol.com>.  All are welcome to this event.

________________________________

Largest ever Thanksgiving Food Drive

St. Gabriel’s provided 70 Thanksgiving food baskets to Mercy’s Gate and military members at the Air Force Academy and Peterson Air Force Base.  Our goal this year was ambitious, but thanks to your generosity, we achieved it. Once again, you demonstrated your willingness to share God’s blessings with others. Thank you.

________________________________

Return your Giving Tree Gifts

If you took a tag or two from the Giving Tree, please return your wrapped gift by Dec. 6th. Thank you so much for making a child’s Christmas bright.

________________________________

Advent Happenings

· Extended Reconciliation times – December 9, 16, 23; 1:30 – 3:30pm

· Feast of Immaculate Conception, December 8 – Masses at 12:15pm and 6:30pm

· Our Lady of Guadalupe, December 9 – Mañanitas at 7:00 am followed by Mass in Spanish at 8:00 am

· Posadas – December 16 immediately following the 5pm Mass

________________________________

‘Tis the Season… for Giving to Charity

With Thanksgiving holiday goodwill in the air (and, perhaps a desire to earn some tax exemptions before January), charitable giving generally peaks this time of year. Advent is an appropriate time to ask ourselves, “How can I repay the Lord for all the good done for me?” Psalm 116:12.   Please consider the following opportunities as you make your end of year plans:
Donations you wish to include for the 2017 Tax Year must be dated and received or postmarked by December 31, 2017.  You may place your gift in the collection, mail or deliver to the Parish Business Office.  You may also schedule your gift through http://www.saintgabriel.net/giving/giving-options or as a One-Time Gift. If you have appreciated stock this year, you may realize a tax break through a donation to St Gabriel.  Consult your tax advisor or financial advisor for your situation. If you are 70 ½ or older and have a Required Minimum Distribution from your retirement plan, you may benefit from a directed gift to St. Gabriel.  Talk to your tax advisor, financial advisor, or plan administrator and let them know if you are interested in the possible tax benefit. Maximize your tax benefits. Begin early to evaluate the charitable gifts you have made this year, and those you are considering. Allow time to consult financial advisors and to complete all necessary steps in time to count your gift for the 2017 tax year. Gifts received or processed online after December 31, 2017 will be included in your 2018 giving statement.

________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat-Sun: Fair Trade coffee and chocolate for sale after Masses.

Upcoming Events:

Mon, Dec 4: Apologetics Course 9-11am.

Mon, Dec 4: The Great Timeline Bible Study 7-9pm.

Mon, Dec 4 : Return Class 7pm.

Tues,  Dec 5 The Great Timeline Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.

Tues, Dec 5: Respect Life Meeting 6pm.

Tues, Dec 5: Outreach Committee Meeting 7pm.

Wed, Dec 6 : Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children’s hour from   4-5 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction   starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, Dec 6: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9-11:30am.

Wed, Dec 6: Dante’s Divine Comedy 7pm.

Wed, Dec 6: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Meeting 7pm.

Thurs, Dec 7: ANIMA Session 2 Kenosis 6:30-8:30pm.

Fri, Dec 8: Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Holy Day of Obligation. Masses at 12:15 and 6:30pm. Office Closed.

Fri, Dec 8: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Dec 8: National Night of Prayer 10-11pm.

Sat, Dec 9: Our Lady of Guadalupe. Mananitas at 7am followed by a Mass in Spanish at 8am.

Sat, Dec 9: Women of Faith breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Save the Date

Dec 14: ANIMA Session 3: Blaze.

Dec 15: Date Night presents Fr. Nathan Cromly 6-8pm.

Dec 16: Posadas after 5pm Mass.

Jan 13: Faith Formation Facilitator Workshop 8:30-10:30am.

Feb 10: Women's Conference 9:30am-3:30pm.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>