[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri May 18 11:18:24 PDT 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
May 18, 2018

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Eucharistic Procession on June 3

On the weekend of June 2/3, the parish will celebrate the solemnity of The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi).  A Eucharistic Procession will be offered immediately following the 10:30 am Mass.

The Blessed Sacrament will be carried in solemn procession, circling our church property, pausing at a station where Fr. Kirk will bless the faithful with the monstrance.  After returning to the nave, Fr. Kirk will give the final benediction and repose the Blessed Sacrament in the tabernacle.

________________________________

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

Walk for Life

Go the extra mile for a baby!  Participate in the 31st Annual Walk for Life on Saturday June 2nd.  Last year over 600 walkers went the “extra mile” and provided funds for Life Network and the Colorado Springs Pregnancy Center, helping to reach over 15,000 individuals in our community.  Our goal is to have as many fundraising walkers from St. Gabriel as possible!  Will you join us?  Get a pledge sheet from the Walk for Life information table in the narthex or visit www.WALKFORLIFE.com  Contact Angel McGrady at admcgrady at gmail.com for more information.

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

________________________________

St. Gabriel's Volunteer Appreciation Night

All volunteers and their families are invited to the St. Gabriel Volunteer Appreciation Night on June 8 from 5-9pm at Cordera Community Center. There will be a free dinner, lawn games for adults and kids, outdoor pool, and more. Tickets are required. To RSVP, go to saintgabriel.net or stop by the Parish Office Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.

________________________________

Gabriel’s Gifts this month will benefit Marian House Life Support

Our food pantry collection this month will benefit Marian House Life Support. The program provides food and other essentials to infants and small children living in poverty in our area. Needed items include: Enfamil Gentle Ease formula, baby food (all types including cereal, fruits, vegetables, toddler food and snacks); baby wipes; and diapers (sizes 5, 6 and pull-ups). Thank you

________________________________

Help wanted

We are looking for 2-4 volunteers to help make coffee and serve the donuts at 8:30 Mass 2 Sundays a month. Training will be provided. Please see Bobby Gamble either before or after the 8:30 Mass or contact the office (528-8407) if you can help. Thank you.

________________________________

Galatians Bible Study

Join us for an 8-week study of Galatians.  Students will read scripture, answer study questions, discuss in class and watch a DVD by Jeff Cavins. The cost of the class is approximately $25. We will begin on June 4th and meet Monday nights at 7:00 p.m.  Contact Deacon Mike by May 24 to order a study guide;  mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net or call 528-8407.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat-Sun: Bin Pick Up for Marian House Life Support Baby Food Drive.

Sat: CPR Training 9am-1pm.

Sat: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Sat: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am.

Sat: First Communion Mass 5pm.

Sun: First Communion Masses 8:30am, 10:30am, and 12:30pm (Spanish).

Upcoming Events

Mon, May 21: Hour of Mercy 3-4pm.

Mon, May 21: Bible Seminar 6:30pm.

Tues, May 22: SoulCore 9-10am.

Tues, May 22: The Bible and the Sacraments Bible Study 9:30-11:30am.

Wed, May 23: Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40 pm.

Wed, May 23: Children's Choir 5:15-6pm.

Wed, May 23: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Fri, May 25: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, May 26: Spanish Prayer Class 9-11am.

Sat, May 26: Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Sun, May 27: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Mon, May 28: Office Closed for Memorial Day. No Confessions or Daily Mass.

Save the Date
June 8: Volunteer Appreciation Night 5-9pm.

June 18-22: Vacation Bible School.

July 21-27: Totus Tuus.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>