[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel July 20

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jul 20 13:53:38 PDT 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
July 20, 2018

Beacon of Faith Campaign

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>
http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

Food pantry collection is July 28 and 29

Our monthly Gabriel's Gifts food pantry collection for Mercy's Gate is next weekend. Please pick up a bin after mass today and bring your donation when you come to mass next weekend. Critically needed food items include: Chunky soup (large cans); canned fruit, canned vegetables; canned tomatoes; tomato sauce; spaghetti sauce; jelly, peanut butter, main courses (Spam, chili, canned salmon, tuna, canned ravioli, macaroni and cheese, Spaghetti-O, etc.); and coffee. Non-food items include toothpaste and toothbrushes.

Thank you for supporting the food pantry!

Briarfest Volunteer Sign Up
Briarfest Volunteers needed!  Please sign up now so that proper planning can be arranged.  Sign up by going to Briarfest.com and clicking the Volunteer link.  Thank you, your Briarfest Committee!

Back to School Drive

The BACK-TO-SCHOOL DRIVE - is our annual appeal coordinated through the St Gabriel Outreach Committee for children in the foster care system served by the Kids Crossing Child Placement Agency.  This years' collection benefits 127 children and teens in multiple school districts. Some students are on modified or year round school schedules.  A display table with copies of the list of items requested will be set up in the Narthex from July 7th through July 29th for your donations. Having the required school supplies can make a huge difference in a young person's self esteem and can help keep him or her on the right track towards school success. These youngsters need our support, encouragement and most importantly our prayers. In advance, we thank you for supporting at risk youth in our community and for your unfailing generosity!

Totus Tuus - NEXT WEEK - Volunteer Opportunity
The Totus Tuus program will be at St. Gabriel's next week.  July 22-27.  We are in need of volunteers to supply meals for the 4 person team and adults to help volunteer during the daily program.   Please contact Kim at cecoordinator at saintgabriel.net<mailto:cecoordinator at saintgabriel.net> if you can help in any way.

Summer Reconciliation Hours

June 23 - Aug. 4  Tues-Fri: 11:50-12:10 Saturday: 3:30pm - 4:30pm

Faith Formation Registration

Faith Formation Registration is ongoing. Sign up early to get the discounted rate. Download the forms from our website or come to the office to fill out the paperwork. www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>.

Registration fee $65 through July 31

Registration fee $75 beginning August 1st

Health and Safety Team

We have spots available for free CPR training and certification on July 28 from 9 am to 1 pm inside St Gabriel's. Taught by a parishioner who is an American Heart Association certified instructor. All materials provided. Results in two-year AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Reservations required. Open to all parishioners.  Use this email: chipreny at comcast.net<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

Work of Your Hands-Parish Help Wanted Corner

See bulletin board outside main bathroom or contact office for more information: 719-528-8407

Sacristan- Do you Love the Eucharist? Do you Love learning and growing closer to our Lord through the Liturgy? Do you Love Logistics and planning? Your calling awaits you as a Sacristan...The requirements are few, and the rewards are innumerable. Please contact Vivian Coffey at 904-652-5588 or HeadSacristan at gmail.com<mailto:HeadSacristan at gmail.com>.

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30-10:30am.

Sat-Sun: Bin Pick Up for Mercy's Gate Food Collection.
Upcoming Events

Mon, July 23: Hour of Mercy 3-4pm.

Mon, July 23: Galatians Bible Study 7-8:30pm.

Mon, July 23: Information Session for Denver Catholic Biblical School 6:30pm.

Tues, July 24: SoulCore 9-10am.

Wed, July 25: Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:15pm.

Confession.

Wed, July 25: Knights of Columbus Meeting 7pm.

Fri, July 27: Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, July 28: CPR Training 9am-1pm: chipreny at comcast.net<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>.

Sun, July 29: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Save the Date

Aug 9: Pastoral Council Meeting 6:30pm.

Aug 11: Women of Faith Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Aug 18: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Aug 18: Faith Formation Kick Off 10:30am-12:30pm.

Aug 25: CPR Class 9am-1pm.

Sept 7-9: Briarfest

Jan 12,2019: Women's Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>