[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jul 27 10:03:34 PDT 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
July 27, 2018

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign

The Beacon of Faith Campaign is well on its way. Our campaign will take involvement and participation by all to be a success! Please send in your Commitment Cards as soon as possible so we can know everyone's intentions.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Church Office Hours

The Church Office is open Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm. Tues-Fri The office will be closed from 12:15-12:45 so staff can attend Daily Mass.

________________________________

Summer Reconciliation Hours

June 23 – Aug. 4  Tues-Fri: 11:50-12:10 Saturday: 3:30pm – 4:30pm

________________________________

Faith Formation Workshop

August 4, 7:30am- 12:00 Noon

This workshop is mandatory for all parish catechists, mentors, facilitators and classroom aides.  For more information contact Deacon Mike or Cindy at 528-8407.

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

<mailto:chipreny at comcast.net>

________________________________

Faith Formation Registration

Faith Formation Registration is ongoing. Sign up early to get the discounted rate. Download the forms from our website or come to the office to fill out the paperwork. www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>.

Registration fee $65 through July 31

Registration fee $75 beginning August 1st

________________________________

Briarfest Corner Sept 7-9, 2018

Vendors Needed for Briarfest Marketplace

Do you or someone you know own a business and looking for a great way to advertise to the community?  Our own Briarfest features a Marketplace of businesses, crafters and community organizations.  Spaces are filling up quickly so don’t miss out!   If interested, please check out the Briarfest website or contact arredondos4 at msn.com<mailto:arredondos4 at msn.com> for more information.

Silent Auction Donations Needed

Briarfest is just around the corner and we are still needing items for the silent auction.  Some enjoying putting a themed basket together others just want to drop off items to be placed in a decorative basket.  Either way we are in need of both, please drop off at the office during regular business hours or call Judy Gamble for pick up at 719-338-1152<tel:719-338-1152>.  We are listing items in a program and need everything to the church by August 5, 2018.  Thank you for your generosity and support, we appreciate it.

________________________________

Faith Formation Kick Off Celebration!

 August 18 from 10:30am - 12:30pm

 Please RSVP by Aug 15 to cecoordinator at saintgabriel.net or 528-8407.

Hamburgers and Hot Dogs will be provided by the church

Last name A-M please bring a side dish

Last name N-Z please bring a dessert

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat-Sun: Bin Drop Off for Mercy's Gate Food Collection.

Sat: CPR Class 9am-1pm.

Sun: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Sun: Theology of the Body for Parents and Adults 5:45-7:15pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, July 30: Hour of Mercy 3-4pm.

Mon, July 30: Galatians Bible Study 7-8:30pm.

Tues, July 31: SoulCore 9-10am.

Wed, Aug 1 : Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:15pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:40pm.

Wed, Aug 1: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Meeting 7pm.

Fri, Aug 3: First Friday Adoration 10am-noon.

Fri, Aug 3 : Reading/discussion group for Divine Mercy Prayer Cenacle in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, Aug 4: Altar Server Training 10-11:30am.

Sat, Aug 4: Faith Formation Workshop 7:30am-12pm.

Save the Date

Aug 4-5: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale after Masses.

Aug 5: Theology of the Body for Parents and Adults 5:45-7:15pm.

Aug 9: Pastoral Council Meeting 6:30pm.

Aug 11: Women of Faith Breakfast 8:30-10:30am

Aug 13: Information Session for Denver Catholic Biblical School 6:30pm.

Aug 18: Faith Formation Kick Off Celebration 10:30am-12:30pm.

Aug 25: CPR Class 9am-1pm chipreny at comcast.net.

Aug 26-27: Faith Formation Class Check In.

Aug 27: Information Session for Denver Catholic Biblical School 6:30pm.

Sept 7-9: Briarfest

Jan 12,2019: Women's Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>