[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Nov 16 10:27:26 PST 2018

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
November 16, 2018

________________________________

Farewell Message From Dcn Andy

To the wonderful people of Saint Gabriel the Archangel parish;

Two years ago, when I gave my first homily as a newly ordained deacon, I told you how proud I was to serve you in your journey of faith.  Today as I say good bye, those words still ring true, I am truly humbled to have come to know such a wonderful group of people who are truly committed to serving Christ.

As Christ changes us every time we encounter him, your presence over the last 14 years I have been at Saint Gabriel’s has shaped and molded me as a child of Christ.  I am very grateful for all the prayers, love and support I had through six years of the diaconate, your presence enabled me to never waive on that journey.  And the last two years serving as your deacon has been the most rewarding experience of my life.

To all of you, your efforts and contributions to the parish have been astounding, never stop. I have learnt so much from you and now possess a greater understanding of where I fit into God’s plan.

I want to give my thanks to Fr Kirk, for his support and the opportunities he gave to me.  To Deacon Mike and all the staff of Saint Gabriel’s thank you so much for everything you have done for myself and my family, it is so difficult to say goodbye to all of you.

As I close, I just want to say, continue to have a driving passion to serve Jesus Christ, because by keeping a singular focus on God you can accomplish anything.  Your examples of selfless service have helped me to be a better deacon and a better person in Jesus Christ.  Your boundless energy in serving the Lord inspired me every day and the memories I have gained will never leave me.  I am so proud to say I am a part of Saint Gabriel the Archangel parish.  Thank you for all you have done for me personally, your friendships are something I dearly treasure, and if you are close to Holy Trinity parish, please stop in and say hello.

Come wish Dcn Andy and Gretchen good luck on their new assignment at Holy Trinity. They will be honored at the Knights of Columbus breakfast after the 8:30am Mass on Sunday November 25.

________________________________

November 25:  Save the date to get up off the couch and work off some of that turkey!

Advent begins soon, and the readings portion of the hymnal will be updated for the new liturgical year.   Help us make the switch, beginning immediately following the 4:30 Sunday Mass on Nov. 25.  Thank you!

________________________________

Advent by Candlelight

Advent will soon be upon us.  It will be a time to look forward to  the birth of Jesus in our lives.  A good way to reflect on the beauty of Advent, get to know other women in the parish, and have a relaxing day is by attending an Advent By Candlelight event. All women of the Parish are invited and welcome to attend.  Sign up online at saintgabriel.net by November 20th to ensure your spot.

________________________________

Giving Tree

The Giving Tree is up and stocked full of tags for gifts for underprivileged children. Your gifts will go to the children of Sacred Heart Parish in Denver, Military and local families. Please take as many tags as you can provide gifts for. Place wrapped gifts with the tag attached under the tree by Dec. 5th. Thank you for making a child’s Christmas bright and Merry this year.

________________________________

Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary

December 8. Holy Day of Obligation. Mass at 10am.

________________________________

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: Date Night 6-8pm.

Sat: First Reconciliation Retreat 8-11am.

Sat: Spanish and English Baptism Class 8:30am-12:30pm.

Sat: Men's Conference from 12:30-5pm at Saint Gabriel.

Sun: RCIC class 9:45-11:15am.

Sun:  RCIA class 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: Financial Peace University 1:30-3:30pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Nov 19: Bible Seminar 6pm.

Tues, Nov 20: ESL Class 9am.

Tues, Nov 20: SoulCore 9-10am.

Wed, Nov 21: Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, Nov 21: Children's Choir 5:15pm.

Thurs, Nov 22: Office Closed for Thanksgiving Day.

Thurs, Nov 22: Thanksgiving Day Mass at 10am.

Fri, Nov 23: Office Closed. There will be Confessions at 11:50and Daily Mass at 12:15pm.

Sat, Nov 24: Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30am.

Save the Date

Sat, Dec 8: Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Holy Day of Obligation. Mass at 10am.

Sat, Dec 8: Advent by Candlelight after 10:00am Mass.

Jan 12,2019: Women's Conference.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>