[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jan 25 09:25:01 PST 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
January 25, 2019

________________________________

Briarfest- Best of the Springs

Hey Briarfest fans, it's time to vote for The Best of The Springs 2019. We need your help as this is a grass roots effort to raise awareness of our festival up in Briargate. When lots of people know about our festival the more we can bring in great entertainment for the weekend for the family. Click on Arts & Entertainment and it's under Local Festivals. It's that simple. One vote per e-mail address. https://www.thebestofthesprings.com/voting-home<https://www.thebestofthesprings.com/voting-home?fbclid=IwAR0GE6sKtMErH4ZV2z0Zo1CZCuWp9Ej9yTP6x6YwI25Scvb30f0xpEr8ZZ4>

________________________________

Special Event

Talk on The Other Holocaust

January 26, 2019 at 6:30-8:30 pm

Presented by E. J. (Gene) Schwarz

Covers the history of Eastern Europe leading up to World War II, the atrocities committed by Stalin’s Soviet Union, Hitler’s fiery rhetoric that turned an entire nation racist and xenophobic, and the resulting Holocaust that killed countless millions of Jews and Gentiles in Auschwitz and many other concentration camps.

________________________________

Marian House Volunteer

We are looking for an individual to lead the monthly Marian House volunteer effort for St. Gabriel. This is great opportunity to get involved in our parish as well as the local community, serving those in need of a nutritious, warm meal. The position involves sending out a monthly bulletin announcement requesting volunteers, passing along the names to the staff at the Marian House and of course, volunteering your time when possible. If interested, please contact Cyndy Pylkka at 719-964-6575 or ccsp at comcast.net<mailto:ccsp at comcast.net>.

________________________________

Second Annual Outreach Committee Socks and T-Shirt Collection For Men, Women and Children

January 12-February 10 2019

Please donate new white socks and new and gently used t-shirts for the Marian House to help those in need in our community. Questions:  Please contact Barbara Green

barbaragreen241 at hotmail.com

________________________________

FAIR TRADE COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE

Fair Trade coffee and chocolate will be available next weekend, Feb 2-3. In addition to receiving a quality product, you can make a positive difference in the world by helping impoverished coffee growers earn fair wages for their labor.

________________________________

Second Collection This Weekend
This week, our special collection is for the Church in Latin America. For many living in Latin America and the Caribbean, a rising secular culture, rural terrain, and a shortage of ministers make it difficult for people to practice the faith. Your donations fund catechesis, marriage and family life programs, and seminarian and religious formation so people can grow closer to Christ. Please prayerfully consider supporting this collection to share your faith with our brothers and sisters in Latin America and the Caribbean. Thank you!

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat: The Other Holocaust talk 6:30-8:30pm.

Sun: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30 Mass.

Sun: YSF 9:45-11:15am

Sun: RCIC 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: RCIA 9:45-11:15am

Sun: Faith Formation K-5 11:45am-1:15pm.

Sun: Faith Formation Sunday and Monday Grades 6-Confirmation 2:30-4pm.

Sun: YDisciples 5:45-7:15pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Jan 28: Faith Formation K-5 only 4:30-6pm.

Mon, Jan 28: Biblical School 6:30pm.

Mon, Jan 28: Walk Toward Eternity Bible Study 7pm.

Tues, Jan 29: ESL Class 9am.

Tues, Jan 29: SoulCore 9-10am.

Tues, Jan 29: EPIC bible study 9:30am.

Wed, Jan 30: Eucharistic Adoration as scheduled. Pray the Rosary 6pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, Jan 30: Children's Choir 5:15pm.

Thurs, Jan 31: ESL Class 9am.

Fri, Feb 1:First Friday Adoration 10am-12pm.

Save the Date

Feb 2-3: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale after Masses.

Feb 8: Men’s Forum 6pm.

Feb 16-17: Middle School Rally

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>