[St. Gabriel Parish News] FW: Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Feb 22 12:21:37 PST 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
February 22, 2019

________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update-Phase 1-Parish Hall

Total intentions to date: $2,062,212.84

Total amount collected to date: $1,179,319.98

There is still time to get your pledge in. Just go to

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form and fill in the form.

[Commitment Form (Click Here)]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form>

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Faustina Performance

Faustina, the moving, live production performed by actress Jennifer Pagano and directed by Leonardo Defilippis of Saint Luke Productions, will be presented at St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church on Friday, March 1 at 6:30pm. Experience firsthand the life and message of Saint Faustina whose personal encounters with Jesus have inspired a world-wide devotion to Christ's Divine Mercy. This drama also brings audiences a riveting modern story that makes Divine Mercy remarkably relevant and urgent for our world today. The program is filled with all the elements of professional theater, runs 90 minutes, and is suitable for ages 13 and up. Admission will be a free-will offering. For additional information, contact St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church at (719) 528-8407 or mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net<mailto:mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net>.

To order tickets go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/faustina-messenger-of-divine-mercy-rsvp-for-march-1-2019-630pm-tickets-56143341245

________________________________

Beloved: Mystery & Meaning of Marriage
More than a union based on romantic love or mutual fulfillment, marriage goes back to the very essence of what it is to be human - and reflects a design placed in our hearts by God himself.  Beloved explores the spiritual and eternal reality behind "I Do".  Beloved speaks to the very heart of every husband and wife, bringing sacramental truth and God-infused love into the everyday challenges of married life. Beloved: Mystery & Meaning of Marriage includes six inspiring and informative sessions.  First session will be Thursday, March 7 and run for 6 consecutive Thursday.  The time for each session is 6:30 - 8:30pm and will be held in the Vianney/Nicholas rooms.  Deacon Andy Dunnam will be the instructor for this series. Please call the office (719-528-8407) for more information or to register.
________________________________

Bakers Needed
On March 1, St. Gabriel will be hosting the presentation of Faustina:  Messenger of Divine Mercy.  Before and after the performance, we would like to offer refreshments to those in attendance.  We are looking for finger foods such as cookies, brownies, chex mix, cheese and crackers, etc.  If you would be willing to help provide  refreshments for this special event, please contact the office at 719-528-8407.    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sat:  Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Breakfast 8:30am.

Sat:  Chili Cook Off 6pm.

Sun:  Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Upcoming Events

Fri, Mar 1:   Faustina Performance 6:30pm.

Wed, Mar 6:    Ash Wednesday, Masses 7:00am, 12:15pm, and 6:30pm (Combined)

Thurs, Mar 7:   Beloved Series begins 6:30-8:30pm

Fri, Mar 8:  Stations of the Cross, 6:00pm, followed by KofC Fish Fry

Save the Date

Thurs, Mar 15:   Shadow Stations of the Cross presented by Y-Disciples

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>