[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu Jul 11 19:01:39 PDT 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
July 12, 2019
________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update-Phase 1-Parish Hall
Total Families donating: 557
Total Intentions received: 348
People giving without intention: 209
Families who fulfilled/exceeded commitment: 49
TOTAL INTENTIONS (including in kind):$2,078,690.16
Amount collected: $1,330,741.50

There is still time to get your pledge in. Just go to

http://www.saintgabriel.net/commitment-form and fill in the form.

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Briarfest Silent Auction Donations
Now's the time to start thinking about this year’s Briarfest Silent Auction. This year we are doing some new and exciting things.  We'd like to start accepting items you would like to donate and/or your themed baskets now. Please drop off at the church office 9am – 5pm and provide a dollar value of your item (items).  We are adding some new electronic processing and  therefore, all items must be received no later than Thursday, August 1.  For more information, please contact Judy Gamble at jgamble6568 at hotmail.com<mailto:jgamble6568 at hotmail.com> or 719-338-1152.
________________________________

Sheep Among Wolves Men’s Retreat

July 20-21 at El Tesoro Retreat Center Woodland Park, CO

$50.00 overnight/$30 day only. Space is limited.

Registration at www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/> / RSVP TAB

For more information contact the office at 528-8407 or email Deacon Mike, mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net<mailto:mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net>

________________________________

Did you Know…….
¨ It takes a lot of man hours to remove gum from  pews, hymnal holders, and floors in the Nave. Please throw gum away in trash bins before going into the Nave.
¨ Propping doors open leads to higher utility bills and unwanted rodents (mice) and moths. Please do not prop open doors anytime, this includes before and after Masses. If you see a door propped open, please close it. Thank you for helping us keep the church costs down.
________________________________

Back to School Drive
The BACK-TO-SCHOOL DRIVE - is our annual appeal coordinated through the St Gabriel Outreach Committee for children in the foster care system served by the Kids Crossing Child Placement Agency.  This years’ collection benefits 85 children and teens in multiple school districts. Some students are on modified or year round school schedules.  A display table with copies of the list of items requested will be set up in the Narthex from July 20th through August 11th for your donations. Having the required school supplies can make a huge difference in a young person’s self esteem and can help keep him or her on the right track towards school success. These youngsters need our support, encouragement and most importantly our prayers. In advance, we thank you for supporting at risk youth in our community and for your unfailing generosity!

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: Altar Server Training 6-7pm.

Sat: Women of Faith Breakfast 8:30am.

Sat: Altar Server Training 9-10am.

Upcoming Events

Mon, July 15: Wisdom Bible Study 7pm.

Wed, July 17: Eucharistic Adoration as Scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, July 17: Book of James Bible Study 7pm.

Thurs, July 18: Shroud Seminar 6:30pm.

Fri, July 19: Office Closed. There will be Confessions at 11:50am and Daily Mass at 12:15pm.

Sat, July 20: Spanish and English Baptism Classes 8:30am-12:30pm.

Save The date

July 17-19: Mission Possible.

July 20-21: Men’s Retreat

July 21-26: Totus Tuus.

Aug 10: Faith Formation Workshop 7:30am-12pm.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>