[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jul 26 10:48:16 PDT 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
July 26, 2019
________________________________

Beacon of Faith Campaign Update-Phase 1-Parish Hall
Total Families donating: 557
Total Intentions received: 348
People giving without intention: 209
Families who fulfilled/exceeded commitment: 49
TOTAL INTENTIONS (including in kind):$2,078,690.16
Amount collected: $1,330,741.50

[cid:630916ba-4762-429f-8ae2-9fb461af6288]

________________________________

Briarfest Silent Auction Donations-Deadline Aug 1
Now's the time to start thinking about this year’s Briarfest Silent Auction. This year we are doing some new and exciting things.  We'd like to start accepting items you would like to donate and/or your themed baskets now. Please drop off at the church office 9am – 5pm and provide a dollar value of your item (items).  We are adding some new electronic processing and  therefore, all items must be received no later than Thursday, August 1.  For more information, please contact Judy Gamble at jgamble6568 at hotmail.com<mailto:jgamble6568 at hotmail.com> or 719-338-1152.
________________________________

Back to School Drive

The BACK-TO-SCHOOL DRIVE is our annual appeal coordinated through the St Gabriel Outreach Committee for children in the foster care system served by the Kids Crossing Child Placement Agency.  This years’ collection benefits 85 children and teens in multiple school districts. Some students are on modified or year round school schedules.  A display table with copies of the list of items requested will be set up in the Narthex from July 20th through August 11th for your donations. Having the required school supplies can make a huge difference in a young person’s self esteem and can help keep him or her on the right track towards school success. These youngsters need our support, encouragement and most importantly our prayers. In advance, we thank you for supporting at risk youth in our community and for your unfailing generosity!

________________________________

Marian House

Did you know St. Gabriel sponsors a volunteer work group the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Marian House? We provide assistance in the daily meal preparation, service and cleanup and we would love for you to join us.  We are always in need of additional help.  There are two shifts available, either 7:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. or 10:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.  Our next scheduled workday is Thursday Aug 8.  All volunteers need to complete a one-time online application and for more information please contact: Kitty Dalechek, dalecksr at hotmail.com<mailto:dalecksr at hotmail.com> or 719-344-5560.

________________________________

Mercy’s Gate Thank You

Dear St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church,

 Summer in Colorado. What a precious time—the sunshine and afternoon rain showers, barbecues and camping!

At Mercy’s Gate, we are reminded every time we open our doors that not everyone in El Paso county can enjoy the summer time quite so freely. For families in crisis, it means the added complication of kids out of school, higher gas prices and finding ways to make grocery money stretch for that fifth week of the month.It is a sacred thing to meet a neighbor where he’s at, offering the hope and help of Jesus. Your partnership in this ministry allows staff and volunteers to continue demonstrating God’s faithful presence in our community.Thank you for your donation, prayers and trust!

 Sincerely in Christ,

Jason Dilger

Mercy's GateExecutive Director

  ​

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Sun: Knights of Columbus Free Breakfast after 8:30am Mass.

Sat-Sun : Mercy's Gate Food Collection.

Upcoming Events

Mon, July 29: Wisdom Bible Study 7pm.

Wed, July 31: Eucharistic Adoration as Scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, July 31: Book of James Bible Study 7pm.

Wed, July 24: Knights of Columbus meeting 7pm.

Thurs, Aug 1: Final Day for Briarfest Silent Auction Donations.

Fri, Aug 2: First Friday Adoration 10am-12pm.

Sat, Aug 3: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale after Mass.

Sun, Aug 4: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale after Masses.

Save The date

Aug 5: Health and Safety Team Meeting 7pm. All are welcome.

Aug 8: Hora Santa con Mons. Ricardo, 6pm.

Aug 10: Faith Formation Workshop 7:30am-12pm.

Aug 17: Faith Formation Kick Off

Sept 1: Blood Drive.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>