[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Dec 13 10:34:11 PST 2019

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
December 13, 2019
________________________________
Keep Christ in Christmas Car Magnets
Knights of Columbus are selling Keep Christ in Christmas magnets in the Narthex after Mass 14 and 15 December.  There are 3 new styles of magnets.  Magnets are $5 each. Proceeds go to support the Knight's charitable works.
________________________________
Flu Season
For the health and safety of our community during this flu season, Fr. Kirk has decided to refrain from distributing the Precious Blood to the assembly.  We will resume after the worst of the flu season. If you are unable to receive Precious Blood due to gluten sensitivity, please talk with sacristan before Mass and they can make arrangements for you to receive the Precious Blood.
________________________________
Christmas Decorating
Join us to decorate the church on Sunday, December 22 immediately following the 4:30pm Mass. Please contact Kathy Thomas kthomas at saintgabriel.net<mailto:kthomas at saintgabriel.net> if you can help.
________________________________

Christmas Flowers
With Christmas fast approaching, your donations for flowers would be greatly appreciated.  This will allow us to beautify the nave and narthex for our Christmas celebration.  We will have envelopes on a table in the narthex the weekend of December 15th. Please place the envelopes in the white mailbox outside the office.  Thank you so much for your contributions.
________________________________

 Advent Happenings
*Posadas – December 15 immediately following the 12:30 pm Mass.
* Extended Advent Reconciliation times – December 21 from 1:30-3:30pm.
________________________________

Christmas Mass Schedule
December 24: Vigil Masses at 4pm, 6:30pm, and 8:30pm (Spanish).
December 25: Masses at Midnight and 10am.
January 1: Mass for the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God at 10am (combined).  This is a Holy Day of Obligation.
________________________________

Do you LOVE flowers?

Do you LOVE to make beautiful arrangements to bring beauty to your surroundings? The parish is in need of people to arrange flowers on a weekly basis for our Mass.   Donations are made for the flowers, and  arrangements are created on Friday for the upcoming weekend.  If you have an interest in this type of service, you are dearly needed.  Training is provided.  Please contact Kathy Thomas at kthomas at saintgabriel.net<mailto:kthomas at saintgabriel.net>, or call the office at 528-8407.

________________________________
Scam Alert
It has come to our attention that there are several email and mail scams going around to our church community.  Recently several parishioners have received an email from Fr. Kirk requesting assistance in some way (either by money, I Tunes cards etc).  These are scams and we are urging you to delete the email immediately and do not respond to it or open any links in the message. Please be aware that Fr. Kirk will NEVER contact you via email asking for assistance.  If you should receive an email from any staff member of St. Gabriel, please make sure to check the ENTIRE email address.  We will ALWAYS use the saintgabriel.net email address and it will have our church logo at the end of the message.  An additional way to determine if the email is from Fr. Kirk is that he will sign +JMJ+ after his name. Checking email addresses and NOT responding to pleas is a good practice to exercise when reading emails from any source. If you should have any questions, please call the office at 719-528-8407.
________________________________
2019 Giving
As you plan your Christmas lists and are checking them twice, when remembering your parish and schools, please know that any final 2019 donations or tithes of stock, corporate bonds, mutual funds or IRA distributions transfers you'd like to make will be guaranteed completion if made by December 16. We send this reminder because there will be no active trading on the weekends and on the Diocesan Office holiday closings on Christmas and New Year's (Dec. 24-25 and Dec. 31 - Jan. 1). I am happy to help you secure your donations for 2019 to any of our parishes, schools or charitable organizations; just call (719)866-6518 or email me at jcrane at diocs.org. I am happy to assist you!

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend

Fri: EPIC Advent Celebration 5:30pm.

Sat: Altar Server Training 9am.

Sun: Posadas after 12:15pm Mass.

Sun: RCIC/YSF/RCIA 9:45-11:15am.

Sun: Faith Formation Grades K-5 11:45am-1:15pm.

Upcoming Events

Mon, Dec 16: Faith Formation Grades K-7 4:30-6pm.

Mon, Dec 16: Biblical School Yr 2 6:30pm.

Tues, Dec 17: Revelation Bible Study 9:30am.

Wed, Dec 18: Bulletin Deadline for Dec 29th bulletin 10am.

Wed, Dec 18: Eucharistic Adoration as Scheduled. Pray the Rosary at 6:00pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction starts at 6:30pm.

Wed, Dec 18: Children’s Choir 5:15pm.

Sat, Dec 21: Spanish and English Baptism Classes 8:30am.

Sat: Dec 21: Extended Advent Reconciliation times 1:30-3:30pm.

Sun: Dec 22: Christmas Decorating after 4:30pm Mass.

Save the Date

Dec 24: Christmas Vigil Masses at 4pm, 6:30pm, and 8:30pm (Spanish).

Dec 24: Office Closed.

Dec 25: Christmas Masses at Midnight and 10am.

Dec 25: Office Closed.

Dec 31: Office Closed.

Jan 1,2020: Mass for the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God at 10am. This is a Holy Day of Obligation.

Jan 1,2020: Office Closed.

Jan 6, 2020: Fulfilled Bible Study Begins 7-9pm.

Jan 10-11,2020: YDisciples Lock-In.

Jan 17-19,2020: High School Rally.

Feb 8, 2020: Women’s Conference.

Feb 15-16, 2020: Middle School Rally.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>