[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel-UPDATE

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Mar 13 15:56:44 PDT 2020

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
March 13, 2019
________________________________

In light of the rapidly changing coronavirus event, Bishop Sheridan and the bishops of Colorado have, out of an abundance of caution, united in the decision to cancel the following liturgies, events and gatherings:

-All public Masses will be canceled from March 13 - March 31.

-All Parish events, including large meetings, education programs, ministries, etc., are to be canceled during this time period (this includes Stations of the Cross and Wednesday Adoration)

-Parishioners are dispensed from the Sunday obligation to attend Mass.

-Information on confessions will soon follow.

The Saint Gabriel parish office will remain open Monday – Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm.

SPIRITUAL COMMUNION
 When Should You Make an Act of Spiritual Communion? The most common occasion for making an Act of Spiritual Communion is when we cannot fulfill our obligation to attend Mass on a Sunday or Holy Day of Obligation, whether because of illness or bad weather, or some other reason outside of our control. It is also good to make an Act of Spiritual Communion when we can attend Mass, but when something prevents us from receiving sacramental Communion that day—say, a mortal sin that we know we have not had the opportunity to confess yet. But our Acts of Spiritual Communion do not need to be confined to those times. In an ideal world, it would be best to attend Mass and receive Communion every day, but we can't always do so. We can, however, always take 30 seconds or so to make an Act of Spiritual Communion. We can even do so multiple times a day—even on days when we have been able to receive the Eucharist. Why would we do that? Because each Act of Spiritual Communion that we make increases our desire to receive sacramental Communion, and also helps us to avoid the sins that would make us unable to receive Communion worthily.

Act of Spiritual Communion

IN English from EWTN

My Jesus,

I believe that You

are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.

I love You above all things,

and I desire to receive You into my soul.

Since I cannot at this moment

receive You sacramentally,

come at least spiritually into my heart.

I embrace You as if You were already there

and unite myself wholly to You.

Never permit me to be separated from You.

Amen.

In Spanish from ACIPRENSA-EWTN

Acto de Comunión Espiritual:

Creo, Jesús mío, que estás real y verdaderamente en el cielo y en el Santísimo Sacramento del Altar.

Os amo sobre todas las cosas y deseo vivamente recibirte dentro de mi alma, pero no pudiendo hacerlo ahora sacramentalmente, venid al menos espiritualmente a mi corazón. Y como si ya os hubiese recibido, os abrazo y me uno del todo a Ti.

Señor, no permitas que jamás me aparte de Ti.

Amén.