[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News-St. Gabriel the Archangel

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri May 1 09:22:53 PDT 2020

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
May 1, 2019
________________________________

Weekend Mass Schedule

Mass Offered Online
(English & Spanish)
Available after 8:00 am on Sunday
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/?fbclid=IwAR0qzxV0rJdIJWmza0NfQxb18rgfywG8Y4lLtL1px4il6NlK6Ug_3oEGtEo>

Confessions Available on Saturday (May 2)
Spanish 1:00 - 2:00 pm
English 2:30 - 3:30 pm

Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/?fbclid=IwAR2iTWN_xRO8eE6H_jlpEGsmDrYC00YKsIGeFnO4fD_4FW0UTRGdgpdQiA0>

________________________________
Consecration to Mary
Please join Bishop Sheridan and bishops from across the country in renewing the consecration of the USA to the Blessed Virgin Mary for strength in the struggle against COVID-19.
View online Friday, May 1, 2020 at 1:00pm - https://www.diocs.org/
Pray the Renewal of Consecration prayer as a family with Bishop Sheridan.

PRAYER OF RENEWAL OF OUR  CONSECRATION TO THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY Let us now entrust our country and ourselves once again to the Virgin Mary's care: Most Holy Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church, you are the fairest fruit of God's redeeming love; you sing of the Father's mercy and accompany us with a mother's love. In this time of pandemic we come to you, our sign of sure hope and comfort. Today we renew the act of consecration and entrustment carried out by those who have gone before us.

Families, groups, or individuals: With the love of a Mother and Handmaid, embrace us as we renew our consecration to you, together with our brothers and sisters in Christ. In a special way we commend to you those particularly in need of your maternal care. Mary, Health of the Sick, sign of health, of healing, and of divine hope for the sick, we entrust to you all who are infected with the coronavirus. Mary, Mother of Consolation, who console with a mother's love all who turn to you, we entrust to you all those who have lost loved ones in the pandemic. Mary, Help of Christians, who come to our rescue in every trial, we entrust to your loving protection all caregivers. Mary, Queen and Mother of Mercy, who embrace all those who call upon your help in their distress, we entrust to you all who are suffering in any way from the pandemic. Mary, Seat of Wisdom, who were so wonderfully filled with the light of truth, we entrust to you all who are working to find a cure to this pandemic. Mary, Mother of Good Counsel, who gave yourself wholeheartedly to God's plan for the renewing of all things in Christ, we entrust to you all leaders and policymakers. Accept with the benevolence of a Mother the act of consecration that we make today with confidence, and help us to be your Son's instruments  for the healing and salvation of our country and the world.
________________________________

 [cid:902b0a2a-be74-4dcb-a2c3-03deba736862]

Your food pantry donations this week will help Marian House feed the homeless
Due to social distancing restrictions, Marian House has suspended its dining room meal service and instead is offering sack lunches to the people who depend on their services. They distribute 350-400 lunches each day and are in dire need of supplies. Our Gabriel' s Gifts collection this weekend will help replenish their pantry.
The collection hours are Saturday, May 2 from 4:00-5:00 pm and Sunday, May 3, from 8:30-!0:30 am. Please bring your donations to the church and leave them on the curb in the roundabout. Members of The Knights of Columbus will place them in the trailer.
Pick -up service available
If you want to donate, but can't come to the church, the Knights will pick up your donation on Saturday afternoon. Email your request, including your address, to scoutlance01 at gmail.com<mailto:scoutlance01 at gmail.com>. Place your donation on your front porch by 3:30.
Requested Items
The following items are in critically short supply: bottled water, single serve chips, fruit cups, canned tuna and canned chicken.
Other needed items include granola bars, peanut butter, jelly, sliced bread, mustard, mayonnaise, baby food (jars or squeeze tubes), plastic spoons, sandwich bags, paper lunch bags, plastic wrap, Styrofoam containers with lids (e.g. coffee cups), nitrile food service gloves (all sizes), and plastic grocery bags.
If you prefer, you can make a cash donation online
Direct Link to Online Giving - just click the Catholic Charities fund.
https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101?fbclid=IwAR2yJCRuP4rhBZigNuuNgSYPpRdMDsjQqaVVo716fvubCraUtStr8XA3njY>
Your generosity during this crisis has been tremendous. Thank you for feeding our community!
Eucharistic Adoration
Eucharistic Adoration will be on Wednesday May 6th from 10am-7pm. We are limited to 10 people in the nave at any one time.  Social distancing guidelines will be followed, and you are asked to wear a face mask. New sign up information to follow. Please check www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net> next week for more sign up information.

Office Hours

Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm. We will follow the CDC guidelines. You are encouraged to wear a mask when entering the church building.