[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Oct 16 10:11:41 PDT 2020

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
October 16 2020   (See this weekend's Bulletin<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/2838-october-18-2020>)
________________________________

Faith, Hope & Healing Program
Thank you for celebrating Commitment Sunday with us this weekend.  Your commitment to our parish through our Faith, Hope & Healing Program will continue to bring life to our community.  Please bring your Commitment Card to Mass this weekend.  There will be Commitment Cards available at all Masses if you forget to bring yours. If completing your Commitment Card was not possible at Mass, you may visit our parish website at www.saintgabriel.net and complete an electronic Commitment Card or you can mail your card to the church.
________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

*         Daily Mass 7:30am Tuesday - Friday; Daily Confessions - following the 7:30am Mass. Reservation for Mass is no longer required for Daily Mass.

*         Wednesday Adoration 8am-6pm; Rosary, Evening Prayer, Benediction begins at 5pm.

*         First Friday Adoration 8am-12pm.

*         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:30-3:30pm.

*         Sunday Masses 8:00am and 10:00am-both in the Nave.

    Spanish Schedule

*         Wednesday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confession before Mass at 6:30pm.

*         Saturday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confessions before Mass at 6:30pm.

*         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

*         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

No daily Mass sign ups on Eventbrite - You will still need to sign in on the sign in sheet with name and telephone number.

Eventbrite sign up still needed for weekend Masses only. English Mass - Sign Up (Click Here)<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-rsvp-english-tickets-105181783546>  or Spanish Mass - Sign UP (Click Here)<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-rsvp-spanish-tickets-105417839596>

Sunday Mass will continue to be available online on Sunday after 10:00am (English or Spanish)

www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>

Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________

K of C Youth Soccer Challenge
All boys and girls (parishioners, friends, teammates, all) ages 9 - 14 are invited to participate in the parish competition for the 2020 Knights of Columbus Soccer Challenge. The soccer kick will be held 24 October at 9:00 AM at Field 3 of the PRIDE Soccer Complex at 8700 E. Woodmen Rd . All boys and girls ages 9 to 14 years old are eligible to participate and will compete in their respective age division. All contestants on the local level are recognized for their participation in the event. Participants are required to furnish proof of age and written parental consent. Entry forms are available at the competition. For additional information contact Matthew Piro, 720- 908-7166, mattpiro12 at gmail.com<mailto:mattpiro12 at gmail.com>.
________________________________

Gabriel's Gifts Food Pantry collection October 24 and 25
Our monthly food pantry collection will benefit Mercy's Gate.  We have been asked to begin stocking the shelves for Thanksgiving. Mercy's Gate is requesting non-perishable items to include cranberry sauce, cornbread and roll mix, mashed potatoes, stuffing and yams.
________________________________

YDisciples Fundraiser

In light of so many new challenges and changes this year, we have spent the past several months exploring new ways to serve our YDisciple ministry. With that in mind, we have teamed up with Tiny Saints(r) to host a brand new, contact-free, online fundraiser this fall. From October 1-31, 2020, family and friends can shop from the comfort of home to support our YDisciple ministry. All they need to do is select Saint Gabriel High School Youth Group from the dropdown menu at www.tinysaints.com<http://www.tinysaints.com>. With that, 25% of every order from our supporters will go to our ministry. It's that simple! Tiny Saints(r) sells colorful and vibrant charms, plushies, board books and lanyards, all themed around the saints. At $5-15, their products make fun, affordable gifts and offer something for everyone. With All Saints Day and Christmas right around the corner, now is the perfect time to shop for a good cause! If you have any questions, contact Stephanie Bland at sbland at saintgabriel.net<mailto:sbland at saintgabriel.net>.

________________________________

Calling all active duty, veterans, and retired military!

The Outreach Committee would like to compile a list of parishioners and their family members who are currently serving or who have served in the armed forces to be published in the bulleting for Military Appreciation Weekend, November 7th/8th.  To have a name added to this list, please send these three items:

* parishioner's name (or your family member's name)

* their branch of service

* whether they are active duty, veterans, or retired military

(This info must be sent in each year to have it in the current year's bulletin) Please email that info to Donna Knutson: dmknutson at comcast.net<mailto:dmknutson at comcast.net>. This year's deadline to submit names is October 31st, 2020.

________________________________

Christmas Cards for Prisoners

The Outreach Committee is participating in Prayers for Prisoners International annual Christmas card signing party. The program ensures that those who are incarcerated are reminded of God's love and that others are praying for them during the holiday season. If you are interested in brightening the lives of these prisoners by participating in our card signing party on Nov. 7th from 12:30-2:30pm, please register online and let us know how many cards you would be interested in signing. We will provide the cards but we ask you to bring the stamps. Due to COVID restrictions, we are limited to 20 people. Sign ups will end on October 18th. If you have any questions, please call the office at 719-528-8407. To sign up go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/christmas-cards-for-prisoners-tickets-122425214111

Bishops Guide for Voting
[cid:image001.png at 01D69E20.1764C370]

 https://www.cocatholicconference.org/get-out-the-vote/
Inferno Men's Conference