[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Oct 30 08:38:52 PDT 2020

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
October 30 2020   (See this weekend’s Bulletin<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/2840-november-1-2020>)
________________________________

Mask Mandate

Effective July 17, 2020, all Colorado residents over the age of 10 are required to wear masks indoors. Please make sure to bring a mask with you when you come to the church building.

________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

•         Daily Mass 7:30am Tuesday – Friday; Daily Confessions – following the 7:30am Mass. Reservation for Mass is no longer required for Daily Mass.

•         Wednesday Adoration 8am-6pm; Rosary, Evening Prayer, Benediction begins at 5pm.

•         First Friday Adoration 8am-12pm.

•         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:30-3:30pm.

•         Sunday Masses 8:00am and 10:00am-both in the Nave.

    Spanish Schedule

•         Wednesday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confession before Mass at 6:30pm.

•         Saturday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confessions before Mass at 6:30pm.

•         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

•         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

No daily Mass sign ups on Eventbrite – You will still need to sign in on the sign in sheet with name and telephone number.

Eventbrite sign up still needed for weekend Masses only. English Mass – Sign Up (Click Here)<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-rsvp-english-tickets-105181783546>  or Spanish Mass – Sign UP (Click Here)<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-rsvp-spanish-tickets-105417839596>

Sunday Mass will continue to be available online on Sunday after 10:00am (English or Spanish)

www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>

Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________

Saturday 4pm Mass

As part of our parish All Saint’s day celebrations, we invite all youth to dress-up as saints or biblical characters and attend the 4pm Mass on Saturday, October 31.  After Mass, the youth will receive an All Hallow’s Eve treat bag

________________________________

Thanksgiving Food Drive

Support District 20 families and military families this Thanksgiving by donating to our gift card drive.

Again this year, the Outreach committee is sponsoring a Thanksgiving meal drive to benefit families in School District 20 and military families.  We hope to provide gift cards to 100 families. Because we are not providing food boxes this year, but grocery gift cards only, we are relying on your generous support. We hope to collect $25 and $50 gift cards, though any amount is greatly appreciated.

How to donate:

For those who wish to purchase a grocery gift card, or donate using a check, please place you donation in one of the envelopes on the display table and deposit it in the white mailbox on the wall beside the office window.

If you prefer to donate online, go to https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101 and select Thanksgiving Food Drive from the fund list.

Please make your donation by November 8 so that we have ample time to get the grocery gift cards to those who are depending on us.

Thank you!

________________________________

Scam Alert

It has come to our attention that there are several email and mail scams going around to our church community. Recently several parishioners have received an email from Fr. Kirk requesting assistance in some way (either by money, I Tunes cards, etc.). These are scams and we are urging you to delete the email immediately and do not respond to it or open any links in the message. Please be aware that Fr. Kirk will NEVER contact you via email asking for assistance. If you should receive an email from any staff member of St. Gabriel, please make sure to check the ENTIRE email address. We will ALWAYS use the saintgabriel.net email address and it will have our church logo at the end of the message. An additional way to determine if the email is from Fr. Kirk is that he will sign +JMJ+ after his name. Checking email addresses and NOT responding to pleas is a good practice to exercise when reading emails from any source. If you should have any questions, please call the office at 719-528-8407.

________________________________

YDisciples Fundraiser-Ends Oct 31-LAST FEW DAYS

In light of so many new challenges and changes this year, we have spent the past several months exploring new ways to serve our YDisciple ministry. With that in mind, we have teamed up with Tiny Saints® to host a brand new, contact-free, online fundraiser this fall. From October 1-31, 2020, family and friends can shop from the comfort of home to support our YDisciple ministry. All they need to do is select Saint Gabriel High School Youth Group from the dropdown menu at www.tinysaints.com<http://www.tinysaints.com>. With that, 25% of every order from our supporters will go to our ministry. It’s that simple! Tiny Saints® sells colorful and vibrant charms, plushies, board books and lanyards, all themed around the saints. At $5-15, their products make fun, affordable gifts and offer something for everyone. With All Saints Day and Christmas right around the corner, now is the perfect time to shop for a good cause! If you have any questions, contact Stephanie Bland at sbland at saintgabriel.net<mailto:sbland at saintgabriel.net>.

________________________________

Table and Book of Remembrance

As Catholics, we pray for our loved ones who have died. We show special honor to them in the month of November, as we come to the end of our liturgical year. The Book of Remembrance will be available all month for you to enter the names of your deceased loved ones. We will also set up the Table of Remembrance in the narthex. You are invited to bring a picture of your departed loved ones to place on the table. Please place your name and contact information on the back of your picture, so that it can be returned to you. There will be a 7:30am Mass on Monday Nov 2nd for All Soul’s Day.

Faith, Hope & Healing Program

Thank you to all parishioners who have completed and submitted your Commitment Card!  For those parishioners who have not yet had the opportunity to submit their card, all cards need to be returned today.  Please contact the parish office if you have any questions or need a Commitment Card.

Electronic giving is the preferred, easy, safe and secure way to give to our parish.  To schedule a recurring electronic gift directly from your bank account or credit card, please visit our website and follow the instructions.  We appreciate all parishioners using this means to support our parish.

Bishops Guide for Voting

[cid:image001.png at 01D69E20.1764C370]

 https://www.cocatholicconference.org/get-out-the-vote/