[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Feb 12 08:09:39 PST 2021

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
February 12 2021   (See this weekend's Bulletin<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3475-february-14-2021>)
________________________________
Scam Email
It has come to our attention that there are several email and mail scams going around to our church community. Recently several parishioners have received an email from Fr. Kirk requesting assistance in some way (either by money, I Tunes cards, etc.). These are scams and we are urging you to delete the email immediately and do not respond to it or open any links in the message. Please be aware that Fr. Kirk will NEVER contact you via email asking for assistance. If you should receive an email from any staff member of St. Gabriel, please make sure to check the ENTIRE email address. We will ALWAYS use the saintgabriel.net email address and it will have our church logo at the end of the message. An additional way to determine if the email is from Fr. Kirk is that he will sign +JMJ+ after his name. Checking email addresses and NOT responding to pleas is a good practice to exercise when reading emails from any source. If you should have any questions, please call the office at 719- 528-8407.
________________________________

Mask Mandate

Effective July 17, 2020, all Colorado residents over the age of 10 are required to wear masks indoors. Please make sure to bring a mask with you when you come to the church building.

________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

*         Daily Mass 7:30am Tuesday - Friday; Daily Confessions - following the 7:30am Mass. Reservation for Mass is no longer required for Daily Mass.

*         Wednesday Adoration 8am-6pm; Rosary, Evening Prayer, Benediction begins at 5pm.

*         First Friday Adoration 8am-12pm.

*         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:30-3:30pm.

*         Sunday Masses 8:00am and 10:00am-both in the Nave.

    Spanish Schedule

*         Wednesday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confession before Mass at 6:30pm.

*         Saturday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confessions before Mass at 6:30pm.

*         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

*         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

No daily Mass sign ups on Eventbrite - You will still need to sign in on the sign in sheet with name and telephone number.

Eventbrite sign up still needed for weekend Masses only. English Mass - Sign Up (Click Here)<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-rsvp-english-tickets-105181783546>  or Spanish Mass - Sign UP (Click Here)<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-rsvp-spanish-tickets-105417839596>

Sunday Mass will continue to be available online on Sunday after 10:00am (English or Spanish)

www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>

Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________
Ash Wednesday (February 17) Mass Schedule
English Ash Wednesday Masses will be at 7:30am and 5:3pm. Sign up is required. Go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ash-wednesday-masses-english-tickets-138626438409 to sign up.
Spanish Ash Wednesday Mass will be at 7pm. Sign up is required. Go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ash-wednesday-mass-spanish-tickets-138627385241 to sign up.
________________________________
Stations of the Cross
Stations will be held each Friday of Lent at 6pm followed by a Soup Supper or Fish Fry at 6:30pm.
Feb 19: Stations followed by Fish Fry.
Feb 26: Stations followed by Fish Fry.
Mar 5: YDisciples Shadow Stations followed by Soup supper provided by Faith Formation.
Mar 12: Stations followed by Fish Fry.
Mar 19: Stations followed by soup supper.
Mar 26: Station followed by soup supper.

Lenten Fish Fry
The Knights of Columbus will be hosting Friday fish fry's during Lent. They are to be held on February 19 and 26 and March 12 immediately following Stations of the Cross. The price for these dinners is $10.00 per adult, $5.00 per child 3-12 years of age, and children under 3 are free.
________________________________
St. Gabriel Nursery
We are excited to have a nursery in our new addition.  With that comes the great need for adults to provide childcare during some events and Masses.   If you are interested in helping fill this need so we can open the nursery,  please contact Kim Seiler in the office at 528-8407 or kseiler at saintgabriel.net<mailto:kseiler at saintgabriel.net>
Nursery Wish List:
The nursery is in need of toys (easy to wash), games, art/craft supplies, rocking chairs and high chairs. If you have items to donate please contact the office at 528-8407.  The kids thank you!
No Greater Love Bible Study
Will You Follow Jesus to Calvary?  Filmed on location in the Holy Land, No Greater Love is a biblical pilgrimage that reveals Christ's amazing love for us. You will walk step-by-step with Jesus from the garden of Gethsemane to Mount Calvary. Every step of the way, Old Testament prophecies, messianic expectations, biblical symbolism, and historical context shed light on the mystery of Christ's suffering and death. Experience a deeper understanding and appreciation of God's immeasurable and unconditional love for you. Class begins on Feb 22, 7:00pm on ZOOM.  The cost is $25. For more information contact the 528-8407 or Dcn Mike at mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net<mailto:mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net>
Consecration to Saint Joseph
Pope Francis announced that this year would be a year dedicated to St. Joseph, husband of Mary and earthly father of Jesus Christ.  A great way to honor Saint Joseph is to consecrate oneself to him.  What does it mean to be consecrated to St. Joseph? It basically means that you acknowledge that he is your spiritual father, and you want to be like him. To show it, you entrust yourself entirely into his paternal care so that he can help you acquire his virtues and become holy. Total consecration to St. Joseph means you make a formal act of filial entrustment to your spiritual father so that he can take care of your spiritual well-being and lead you to God. Saint Gabriel will begin a parish-wide Consecration on Feb 15 and the Consecration will take place on Friday, March 19, the Feast of Saint Joseph.  All are invited to join us on this journey. Consecration books will be available after Masses on Feb 6/7 and 13/14.  The recommended donation is $15. For more information contact the office 528-8407 or Deacon Mike, mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net<mailto:mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net>