[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Feb 26 09:39:22 PST 2021

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
February 26, 2021   (See this weekend's Bulletin<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3477-february-28-2021>)
________________________________
Lenten Schedule
Stations of the Cross Tonight Followed by Knights of Columbus Fish Fry
Stations will be held each Friday of Lent at 6pm followed by a Soup Supper or Fish Fry at 6:30pm.
Feb 26: Stations followed by Fish Fry.
Mar 5: YDisciples Shadow Stations followed by Soup supper provided by Faith Formation.
Mar 12: Stations followed by Fish Fry.
Mar 19: Stations followed by soup supper.
Mar 26: Station followed by soup supper.
Lenten Fish Fry
The Knights of Columbus will be hosting Friday fish fry's during Lent. They are to be held on February 26 and March 12 immediately following Stations of the Cross. The price for these dinners is $10.00 per adult, $5.00 per child 3-12 years of age, and children under 3 are free. Menus includes fish, baked potato, salad, coleslaw, chips, and rolls.
Extended Confession Times
March 20th 1:30-3:30pm and March 27th 1:30-3:30pm.
________________________________

Mask Mandate

Effective July 17, 2020, all Colorado residents over the age of 10 are required to wear masks indoors. Please make sure to bring a mask with you when you come to the church building.

________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

*         Daily Mass 7:30am Tuesday - Friday; Daily Confessions - following the 7:30am Mass. Reservation for Mass is no longer required for Daily Mass.

*         Wednesday Adoration 8am-6pm; Rosary, Evening Prayer, Benediction begins at 5pm.

*         First Friday Adoration 8am-12pm.

*         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:30-3:30pm.

*         Sunday Masses 8:00am and 10:00am-both in the Nave.

    Spanish Schedule

*         Wednesday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confession before Mass at 6:30pm.

*         Saturday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confessions before Mass at 6:30pm.

*         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

*         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

No daily Mass sign ups on Eventbrite - You will still need to sign in on the sign in sheet with name and telephone number.

Eventbrite sign up still needed for weekend Masses only. English Mass - Sign Up (Click Here)<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-rsvp-english-tickets-105181783546>  or Spanish Mass - Sign UP (Click Here)<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-rsvp-spanish-tickets-105417839596>

Sunday Mass will continue to be available online on Sunday after 10:00am (English or Spanish)

www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>

Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________
St. Gabriel Childcare
We are excited to have childcare  in our new addition.  With that comes the great need for adults to provide childcare during some events and Masses.   If you are interested in helping fill this need so we can open the childcare room, please contact Kim Seiler in the office at 528-8407 or kseiler at saintgabriel.net<mailto:kseiler at saintgabriel.net>

Childcare Wish List:
The childcare room is in need of toys (easy to wash), games, art/craft supplies, rocking chairs and high chairs. If you have items to donate please contact the office at 528-8407.  The kids thank you!
________________________________
The Solemnity of St. Joseph, Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary
This solemnity falls on Friday, March 19 each year. In this year dedicated to St. Joseph, we will offer Stations of the Cross at 6:00 PM, followed by the Consecration to St. Joseph for those participating in the parish book study, and finally, a FEAST in our new Parish Hall. It is a traditional Sicilian custom to offer a St. Joseph's Table, a table overflowing with good food honoring St. Joseph, and to share our blessings with the poor. The feast of San Giuseppe began in the Middle Ages when Sicily was suffering from a severe drought and the desperate people begged St. Joseph for rain. When they received rainy weather in response, they held a huge "feste" in Saint Joseph's honor. We hope you can join us for the festivities! If you can't, plan a smaller affair with your own family, complete with prayers to St. Joseph, a little procession with candles for the older children and your favorite hymns, and then the father of the family ought to say a special blessing over the food before you begin. If you would like to help us organize this table for St. Joseph, or the feast that follows, please contact Dcn Mike McGrady in the parish office.
________________________________
WOMEN OF FAITH STUDY
Let the Holy Spirit guide you to a deeper meaning of scripture by praying through the Song of Songs with Mary.  Join the Women of Faith book study for prayer, fellowship and spiritual nourishment, with the book, "Beholding Beauty, Mary and the Song of Songs by Gregory Cleveland, OMV. The study begins March 13, 8:30am-10:30am.  Let us know if you need a book, cost is $20.00, or you can bring your own. Meeting dates:  Mar 13, Apr 10, May 8, Jun 12, Jul 10, Aug 14, Sep 11, Oct 9. For more information contact Dcn Mike mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net<mailto:mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net>, 528-8407 or Angela, admcgrady at gmail.com<mailto:admcgrady at gmail.com>.
________________________________
Saint Gabriel Faith Formation Works of Charity
Whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me Mt 25:41
During this Lenten season, answer Jesus' call to help serve the poor and less fortunate.  We are asking all families to prayerfully consider filling a one-gallon Ziploc bag with any or all of the following items:

Toothbrushes                     Conditioner (travel size)                       Hats (Adult)
Hand Warmers                   Handi Wipes/Moist wipes                    Band-aids
Batteries (AA, AAA)         Toothpaste (travel size)                       Toiletries
Mittens/gloves( Adult)       Space Blankets                                    Cough Drops
Non - perishables High Protein snacks                                           Pillar type Candles (not tapers)
Soap/Shampoo                   Socks (Adult)                                       Stamped envelope
Small Tissues                     Chapstick                                             Granola Bars
Bungee cords                     Please No mouthwash, No water, No children's items

Return care packages to your classrooms or the marked bins on the counter in the hallway by April 4. The YDisciple team will distribute items to the homeless in the city parks downtown and at the Marian House on April 17.  Work as a family to prayerfully decide what can be give to this much-needed project.