[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri May 21 07:16:06 PDT 2021

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
May 21, 2021   (See this weekend's <https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3488-may-16-2021> Bulletin)<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3489-may-23-2021>
________________________________

Mask Mandate

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

As you have likely heard COVID directives are quickly changing throughout the country. With the latest pronouncements by the president, the CDC and our local governments, some changes will be effective this weekend. Masks and social distancing will no longer be required. However, those who have not been vaccinated are strongly encouraged to continue wearing masks and if desired distanced seating will still be available in the overflow and narthex areas. The parish will not be checking your status of vaccinations in any way but please remember it is an act of charity to help protect the health of others.

Please continue to pray for a quick end to this pandemic.

Fr. Kirk J. Slattery

________________________________

St. Gabriel the Archangel church will be transitioning to normal Regular Services this weekend in preparation for the lifting of the Sunday Dispensation at Pentecost.

1. Online Registration and Contact tracing will be discontinued as of 4/21/21.

2. Wear mask according to state guidelines.

3. We will be returning to 100% Capacity. Seating will be available in all pews.

4. As an option, distanced seating will be reserved in the overflow areas, including the Narthex, overflow, and parish hall.

5. As always, if you or someone in your household is sick, please stay home.

6. St. Gabriel will continue to maintain all preventative measures, including routine sanitizing. Please remain vigilant and continue to take advantage of the temperature monitors and hand sanitizer stations throughout our facilities.

7. As in every public space, visitors should understand that there is an assumed risk anytime they interact with the public.

8. Live Stream (8am Sunday) and recorded Masses will continue to be available on our website. www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/?fbclid=IwAR3Wzzz5MEtkEWwDvtgtZByzT9qmijs-7aA1sDZbm3Ph3h52Y0tTEpycRMo>

________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

*         Daily Mass 7:30am Monday - Friday; Daily Confessions - following the 7:30am Mass. Reservation for Mass is no longer required for Daily Mass.

*         Adoration Monday -Friday 8am-9pm; Sign up for regular weekly hour at https://adorationpro.org/gabrielco/.

*         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:30-3:30pm.

*         Sunday Masses 8:00am and 10:00am-both in the Nave.

    Spanish Schedule

*         There no longer is a Wednesday 7pm Spanish Mass.

*         Saturday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confessions before Mass at 6:30pm.

*         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

*         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________
Vacation Bible School
Adult volunteers are needed for VBS.  Vacation Bible School is June 14-18 from 8am -12pm
Please contact Kim if you can help.   Kseiler at saintgabriel.net<mailto:Kseiler at saintgabriel.net> or 528-8407.
________________________________

Encountering God through the Arts

Are you an artist, musician, or simply have a knowledge and love of the arts?  As St. Pope John Paul II stated, "through his 'artistic activity' man appears more than ever 'in the image of God'. Fr. Kirk would like you invite you to join him on Sunday May 23rd at 11:30am in Parish Hall A to discuss the formation of an "Encountering God through the Arts" program for our parish.  Be a part of this exciting effort!

Child Care

St. Gabriel Child Care room is open for 10am Mass. The hours will be 9:45-11:15am. There is a limit of 14 kids. Children ages 2 to 6 years are welcome. Parents must attend the 10am Mass and remain in the building. To sign up go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/child-care-sign-up-tickets-148812091973

Gabriel's Gifts May Collection for Marian House Life Support

The Life Support program provides food and other essentials for infants and children in our area. Parents needing assistance can "shop" for the items they need for their children. The list of requested items needed to stock the shelves includes: all types of baby food, formula (Enfamil AR and Enfamil Gentlease) baby bottles, diapers (infant and size 6), pullups (all sizes), pacifiers, wipes, lotion, shampoo, new infant clothing (newborn and 3 months) and socks. Thank you!

Corpus Christi Procession

In honor of The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi), please join the parish for a Eucharistic Procession on Sunday, June 6, immediately following the 10:00 AM Mass. We will process around the full perimeter of the church property, on the sidewalks along Research, Austin Bluffs and Coach House Drive, culminating with Benediction in the nave. For the first time, we will be able to share our joy for the Eucharistic Sacrament with our larger neighborhood, when the procession is seen on the sidewalks near the busier thoroughfares. If your child received First Communion this year, they are invited to take a special place of honor in the procession, to celebrate their reception of this Sacrament. They are invited to wear their First Communion outfits. Please contact Kathy Thomas at kthomas at saintgabriel.net<mailto:kthomas at saintgabriel.net>, to RSVP for your child's participation