[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News-corrected

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Wed Nov 17 08:29:26 PST 2021

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
November 17, 2021  <https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3488-may-16-2021> (Click here to see this weekend's Bulletin)<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/>
________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

•         Daily Mass 7:30am Monday – Friday; Daily Confessions from 8am-8:30am.

•         Adoration Monday -Friday 8am-9pm; Sign up for regular weekly hour at https://adorationpro.org/gabrielco/.

•         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:30-3:30pm.

•         Sunday Masses 8:00am,10:00am, and 4pm.

    Spanish Schedule

•         Saturday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confessions before Mass at 6:30pm.

•         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

•         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm. Cancelled for November

 Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________
Breakfast Burrito This weekend
Breakfast burritos are again available on Nov 20-21 after the Sat 4pm Mass and Sun 8am and 10am Masses.  We have three breakfast burrito options: one that includes eggs, chorizo sausage, hash browns, and cheese. The second option will only have, eggs, hash browns and cheese. The third option is country sausage, cheese, egg and hash browns.  Suggested donation is 1 burrito $3 or 2 for $5.  We have 250 available so should have plenty to go around.. They are precooked and ready for reheating at your home or can be frozen to serve at a later time.
________________________________
Hymnal Change
We will be updating the hymnals for the Advent season on Sunday, Nov 21st immediately following the 4:00 pm Mass. This is a great project for families, or students who need Confirmation service hours. Contact Kathy Thomas at 528-8407, or kthomas at saintgabriel.net<mailto:kthomas at saintgabriel.net> for more information.
________________________________
2nd Annual NERF War - Monday, Nov 22, 5-6:30pm
 Holy Apostles - Corpus Christi - St. Patrick - Holy Trinity - St. Gabriel, invite all 6th-12th graders to join us for a Nerf war, food, & fellowship!  Bring your own nerf gun, safety glasses, and a friend.  The event will take place on the Holy Apostles lawn.  For more information contact Christina at cthornbery at saintgabriel.net<mailto:cthornbery at saintgabriel.net> or Stephanie at sbland at saintgabriel.net<mailto:sbland at saintgabriel.net>.
________________________________
Thanksgiving Mass
There will be a Thanksgiving Mass celebrated on November 25th at 10am. There will be NO 7:30am Daily Mass or Adoration on this day.
Text Scam Alert
It has come to our attention that there is a text scam going around to our church community. Recently several parishioners have received a text from Fr. Kirk requesting assistance in some way. This is a scam and we are urging you to delete the text immediately and do not respond to it or open any links in the message. Please be aware that Fr. Kirk will NEVER contact you via email or text asking for assistance.
Advent By Candlelight
Advent By Candlelight is a time to prepare your mind and heart for Jesus’ birth.  It is a time for prayer, reflection, music, and socializing with your sisters in Christ.  We will have a light breakfast,  readings, and group or individual reflection time at your table.  Please consider attending and inviting your friends as well. To register for the event go to www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net> or https://www.eventbrite.com/e/advent-by-candlelight-tickets-208691601197
Feel called to be a table Hostess? A table hostess provides table decorations, tea, sugar, and table settings for 8 women, and serves the food that is catered.  You will also be eating with the women at your table.  Two or more people may host a table.  Tables should have an Advent focus. A list of supplies and table themes will be provided to the table hostess.
For more information contact Angel McGrady, admcgrady at gmail.com<mailto:admcgrady at gmail.com> or call the office at 528-8407.