[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Wed Nov 24 08:49:49 PST 2021

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
November 24, 2021  <https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3488-may-16-2021> (Click here to see this weekend's Bulletin)<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/>
________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

•         Daily Mass 7:30am Monday – Friday; Daily Confessions from 8am-8:30am.

•         Adoration Monday -Friday 8am-9pm; Sign up for regular weekly hour at https://adorationpro.org/gabrielco/.

•         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:30-3:30pm.

•         Sunday Masses 8:00am,10:00am, and 4pm.

    Spanish Schedule

•         Saturday Spanish Mass 7pm; Confessions before Mass at 6:30pm.

•         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

•         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm.

 Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________
Thanksgiving Mass
There will be a Thanksgiving Mass celebrated on November 25th at 10am. There will be NO 7:30am Daily Mass or Adoration on this day.
________________________________
Table of Remembrance Photos
Thank you for bringing in pictures of your loved ones for the Table of Remembrance.  You may pick up your photos from the counter in the copy room, M-F, 8:00 AM-9:00 PM.
________________________________
Pancake Breakfast This Weekend
Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast will be Sunday, November 28th after the 8am Mass. We will have scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits/ sausage gravy and of course PANCAKES. It is a donation breakfast to cover our costs and raise funds for charities.
________________________________
Christmas Giving Tree
Bring the joy of Christmas to many this year by helping fund our Giving Tree program. This year our Christmas giving tree collection will be shared among God’s Sneakers in Panama, Fostering Hope, Military Outreach, and local families to our parish that are need. The tree will be in the Narthex beginning November 27.  We will have tags on the tree for you to take to represent your commitment to provide either gift cards or monetary donations.  To make an online donation this holiday season, please visit https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101 and select Fund: Christmas Giving Tree. If you prefer to make a cash or check donation you can grab an envelope near the tree that is marked Christmas Giving Tree and return it to the white box next to the office window. Gift card donations can also be placed in the white box next to the office window.  Please make your donation before December 15th.  Thank you in advance for your generosity to those in need.
________________________________
Advent By Candlelight
Advent By Candlelight is a time to prepare your mind and heart for Jesus’ birth.  It is a time for prayer, reflection, music, and socializing with your sisters in Christ.  We will have a light breakfast,  readings, and group or individual reflection time at your table.  Please consider attending and inviting your friends as well. To register for the event go to www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net> or https://www.eventbrite.com/e/advent-by-candlelight-tickets-208691601197
Feel called to be a table Hostess? A table hostess provides table decorations, tea, sugar, and table settings for 8 women, and serves the food that is catered.  You will also be eating with the women at your table.  Two or more people may host a table.  Tables should have an Advent focus. A list of supplies and table themes will be provided to the table hostess.
For more information contact Angel McGrady, admcgrady at gmail.com<mailto:admcgrady at gmail.com> or call the office at 528-8407.
________________________________
Marian House Kitchen and Food Pantry
Everyone is invited to sign-up for either the Kitchen or the Food Pantry or both.  Catholic Charities is requesting volunteer's from St. Gabriel to reach out to the Volunteer Office directly for scheduling.  Face masks are mandatory.  Please contact by phone or email the Volunteer & Training Coordinator, at (VolunteerOffice at ccharitiescc.org<mailto:VolunteerOffice at ccharitiescc.org>) 719-866-6554.  New volunteers and Online Application questions please contact:  Kitty Dalechek (dalecksr at hotmail.com<mailto:dalecksr at hotmail.com>) 719-344-5560.
________________________________
Christmas Flowers
With Christmas fast approaching, your donations for flowers would be greatly appreciated.  This will allow us to beautify the nave and narthex for our Christmas celebration.  We will have envelopes on a table in the narthex beginning December 4th-5th.  Please place the envelopes in the white mailbox outside the office.  Thank you so much for your contributions.
________________________________
Advent Celebration
All parishioners and families are invited to join us for an EPIC ADVENT Celebration on December 3rd from 6-8pm!  Bring a sweet or salty dish to share!  For more information contact the office at 528-8407 or Christina at  cthornbery at saintgabriel.net<mailto:cthornbery at saintgabriel.net>
Holiday Mass Schedule
Wed., Dec. 8 – The Immaculate Conception (Holy Day of Obligation) – Masses at 7:30am & 5:30pm (English); 7:00pm (Spanish). Adoration 8am to 9pm.
Thur., Dec 23-Office Closed.
Fri., Dec. 24 – Christmas Eve – Masses at 4:00pm & 6:30pm (English); 8:30pm (Spanish). No 7:30am Mass or Adoration.
Fri., Dec 24-Office Closed.
Sat., Dec. 25 – Christmas – Masses at 12:00 Midnight & 10:00am (English); 1:00pm (Spanish). No 4pm or 7pm Masses this day.
Fri., Dec. 31 – Normal 7:30 a.m. Daily Mass. Adoration 8am to 9pm.
Sat., Jan. 1 – Mary, Mother of God – Mass at 10am (obligation abrogated), regular Saturday evening & Sunday weekend Masses.