[St. Gabriel Parish News] St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Wed Mar 30 10:56:34 PDT 2022

[St. Gabriel the Archangel]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish
March 30, 2022  <https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/send/2-bulletins/3488-may-16-2021> (Click here to see this weekend's Bulletin)<https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins/>
________________________________

Mass Schedule

                   English Schedule

•         Daily Mass 7:30am Monday – Friday; Daily Confessions from 8am-8:30am.

•         Adoration Monday -Friday 8am-9pm; Sign up for regular weekly hour at https://adorationpro.org/gabrielco/.

•         Saturday Mass 4pm; Saturday Confessions 2:00-3:00pm (please note time change).

•         Sunday Masses 8:00am,10:00am, and 4pm.

    Spanish Schedule

•         Sunday Spanish Mass 1:00pm; Confession before Mass at 12:30pm.

•         Spanish Holy Hour 2nd Thursday of the Month-7pm. No Holy Hour in April due to Holy Week.

 Offertory Donations: Your continued offertory support can be mailed, dropped off in the church mailbox, or use our online portal. Online Giving<https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101>

________________________________

Mass Information

*If you are unable to receive Precious Body due to gluten sensitivity, please talk with the sacristan or usher before Mass and they can make arrangements for you.

*We ask that a parent or responsible adult to please accompany children 12 and under if they need to go to the narthex or restrooms.

*Please silence all electronic devises.

*During sign of peace, please respect those who do not wish to shake hands and safely offer each other the sign of peace.

* Fr. Kirk wants to assure you that if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of sickness, you are not obligated to attend Mass. You may watch Mass online at https://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/mass-information/mass-videos.

________________________________
Stations of the Cross Art Presentation Tonight
Please join us on Wednesday, March 30th at 6:30 PM, at Saint Gabriel Church for an important discussion. Fr. Ronald Raab, CSC, pastor of Sacred Heart Church in Colorado Springs, will present his fourteen original Stations of the Cross paintings to the parish. This event will meet in Annunciation Hall, our new parish hall.
These paintings of the Stations of the Cross have been installed in the back hallway of our parish hall (the “gallery”).  You are invited to begin viewing and praying them.  We hope to have them in the parish for the remainder of Lent, and perhaps even longer.  Prayer books are available for purchase in the parish office, for $5.00, or you can use the self-guided tour displayed next to each painting.
________________________________
Stations of the Cross
Stations will be held each Friday of Lent at 6pm followed by a Soup Supper or Fish Fry at 6:30pm.
Apr 1: Shadow Stations followed by soup supper.
Apr 8: Stations followed by Fish Fry.
________________________________
Extended Confession Times
April 2-1:00-3:00pm and April 9-1:00-3:00pm.No Confessions on April 16
________________________________
Lenten Fish Fry
The Knights of Columbus will be hosting Friday fish fry's scheduled during Lent. The last one will be on April 8 immediately following Stations of the Cross. The price for these dinners are $10.00 per adult, $5.00 per child 3-12 years of age, and children under 3 are free.
________________________________
Boy Scout Camp Cards
Support Scouts BSA Troop 246 by purchasing a Camp Card for $5 which will be available after Mass on April 2-3.  The cost is $5 per card and half the purchase price stays with the troop to support scout activities.
________________________________

Groundbreaking Ceremony and Blessing

There will be a groundbreaking ceremony and blessing for the new Mater Filius maternity house and rectory on April 9th at 11am with Most Rev. James R. Golka, Bishop of Colorado Springs and Fr. Kirk Slattery, Pastor of St. Gabriel. Please RSVP to Cindy 719-528-8407 or cmartinez at saintgabriel.net<mailto:cmartinez at saintgabriel.net>. For more information on Mater Filius go to http://materfilius.org.

________________________________
Easter Baskets for Foster Kids
Thank you to everyone who took a tag to provide a full Easter basket or items to go towards an Easter Basket for the foster kids sponsored by the Fostering Hope program.  Please return your donations, to the table in the Narthex, along with the tag. Please return the items the weekend of April 2-3, but we must have the items by April 10 so we can distribute them to the families in time for Easter. If you would like to donate, there are envelopes on the table and you can place the envelope in the white mailbox to the left of the office door.  You can also donate online on the Saint Gabriel website or go to https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stg8755101 and choose the Fostering Hope fund.
________________________________
Hymnal Change
We will be updating the hymnals for the Palm Sunday/Triduum/Easter season on Sunday, April 3, 2022, immediately following the 4:00 pm Mass. This is a great project for families, or students who need Confirmation service hours. Contact Kathy Thomas at 719-528-8407, or kthomas at saintgabriel.net<mailto:kthomas at saintgabriel.net> for more information.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament – Holy Thursday / Good Friday
Our parish period of Eucharistic Adoration will begin immediately after the Mass on Holy Thursday (April 14) and continue through the night, ending on Good Friday (April 15) at 2 PM, immediately before the Friday Passion of the Lord.  We need adorers to spend at least one hour with Our Lord.  We also need people to man the front door from midnight to 6:00 AM, to give people access to the building. To sign-up, see the sheet in the Narthex, go to our parish website, or go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/adoration-of-the-blessed-sacrament-holy-thursday-good-friday-tickets-308883247107. Questions, please contact Kathy Thomas, 528-8407, or email kthomas at saintgabriel.net<mailto:kthomas at saintgabriel.net>.
Discernment of Spirits in Marriage
All married and engaged couples are invited to join Deacon Mike and Angela McGrady for a study of Fr Timothy Gallagher’s book, “Discernment of Spirits in Marriage, Ignatian Wisdom for Husbands and Wives.”
The study will meet 6:30pm – 8:00pm on April 5, April 12, April 19, April 26, May 3, May 10. Cost is 15.00 for the book or bring your own copy. https://www.sophiainstitute.com/products/item/discernment-of-spirits-in-marriage. Call the office or email mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net<mailto:mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net> to sign up.
FOCCUS Couples needed
We need some additional FOCCUS couples for our Marriage Preparation Ministry.FOCCUS Facilitators are members of organizations that prepare couples for marriage. They meet privately with engaged couples several times prior to their marriage to help them celebrate their relationship strengths and communicate positively with each other about issues they may not have thoroughly addressed. As a couple prepares for marriage, the primary goal of facilitation is to help couples talk openly and respectfully to each other about topics that are important to lifelong healthy marriage satisfaction so they can apply that learning towards their future together. For more information, contact Dcn Mike at mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net<mailto:mmcgrady at saintgabriel.net>