[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - May 1, 2015

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri May 1 13:15:55 PDT 2015

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
May 1, 2015

________________________________
This Saturday - Crowning of Mary & Cinco de Mayo
Please join us as we Crown Mary before the 5pm Mass on Saturday.  The 5pm Mass will be followed by a  Cinco de Mayo dinner with tradition Mexican food and a presentation of Dance Folklorico.
________________________________
Holy Land Religious Articles On Sale This Weekend
The Bannoura family is offering unique religious handicrafts made from Holy Land olive wood after all the Masses this weekend. All Bethlehem Handicrafts products are created by Christian artisans from the wood of young pruned trees and tree trimmings from the   Bethlehem area. Because of the political situation in the Holy Land, commerce in and out of Bethlehem is extremely difficult. We are trying our best to maintain a Christian presence in the town where our Savior was born. Your purchases financially support the livelihood of artisans and their Christian families in Bethlehem.
________________________________
Fair Trade Ministry
Fair Trade coffee and chocolate will be available this weekend. In addition to receiving a quality product, you can make a positive difference in the world by helping impoverished coffee growers earn fair wages for their labor.
________________________________
First Communion Masses
86 Saint Gabriel children will be receiving their First Communion on Saturday May 9 and Sunday May 10. The number of children and their families is far too large to host at one Mass. We have decided to break up the ceremonies and have them during the 5pm Mass on Saturday, 8:30, 10:30 and 12:30 Spanish Mass on Sunday. There will be more family, friends and parishioners in attendance than usual during these Masses. Please pray for our children receiving this wonderful Sacrament.

Online Resource Links

*   Symbolon Sign-up<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/SymbolonAdultFaith.aspx>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Online Scrip Orders<http://stgabriel.onlinescrip.com/>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Saturday: Crowning of Mary before the 5 pm Mass.
Saturday: Cinco de Mayo Fundraiser dinner and Presentation of Dance Folklorico after the 5 pm Mass.
Sat-Sun: Olive Wood articles from the Holy Land on sale in the narthex after all Masses.
Sat-Sun: Fair Trade coffee and chocolates for sale after Masses.

Upcoming Events
Wednesday, May 6: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
For more news and events
View the May 3 Bulletin<http://www.saintgabriel.net/Portals/3/QuickDocs/Bulletins/May%202-3,%202015.pdf>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>