[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - May 29, 2015

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri May 29 22:04:33 PDT 2015

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
May 29, 2015

________________________________
Gabriel's Gifts Bin Return This Weekend
For more than 30 years, Marian House Life Support has provided food and other essentials to infants and small children living in our area. It is short-term support for families in crisis. Requested items include: Parents' Choice Powered Formula (available at Walmart), Baby food (all types including cereal, fruits, vegetables, toddler food and snacks), Baby wipes, and Diapers (sizes 4, 5, 6 and pullups). Thank you for your support.
________________________________
Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School is fast approaching.  This is a week full of fun for our kids.
The theme this year is Everest.   We would like to have some items to help with our decorating.   If you have any hiking, climbing or camping equipment that we could borrow please drop it off at the office.  If you need to schedule a specific time to drop off the items, please contact Kim in the office.  We will be sure to get the items back to you as soon as VBS is over on June 19th.
________________________________
Pope Francis Habitat For Humanity Build
On 25 April, Bishop Sheridan presided over a groundbreaking ceremony (blessing) for the start of a Habitat for Humanity sponsored home build labeled the Pope Francis Build. Half the cost of the house was donated by an anonymous donor who challenge Catholics to take the lead to support the project. The Sts. Gabriel and John Vianney Knights of Columbus Council has supported Habitat for Humanity on a regular basis for years. To increase our Catholic participation, we are inviting the entire Parish to join us. On Saturday, June 13, the Knights will work on this home for Elizabeth Berryman and her son, Hayden. Anyone 16 and older can join us for either a morning or afternoon shift. Habitat provides the tools and the training and simply asks you to complete an on-line computer safety training. If you can't make June 13, we will work again on Saturday, August 22. We need 10 volunteers per shift. To help, contact Steve Reed at (719) 433-1676 or yoreedo at yahoo.com. For information on the Pikes Peak Habitat for Humanity visit their website at www.pikespeakhabitat.org.
________________________________
Volunteer Appreciation Night - Sky Sox Baseball
The Pastoral Council is sponsoring volunteer appreciation night at Sky Sox stadium on Friday, June 19, 2015.  The church will provide one free ticket per volunteer.   If you would like to purchase additional tickets for non-volunteers then it's $10 each which includes the tailgate before the game.    You can RSVP and pay for tickets with your ministry PC coordinator or come to the office and sign up.

RSVP must be made by June 2nd in order for the church to make a bulk purchase and print the tickets. Printed Tickets will be available at the volunteer desk in the office after June 12th for all those who sent an RSVP.  The Pastoral Council will be serving free hot dogs, chips and drinks at the tailgate at 5:30 before the game.   Game starts at 7:05.

Thank you to all of our volunteers who help make St. Gabriel's a special and welcoming place for all those who enter the doors.
________________________________
Marriage Enrichment Workshop
Greg and Julie Alexander of the Alexander House and producers of the Covenant of Love program will be at Saint Gabriel on Saturday, June 13 from 9am-3pm to offer a marriage enrichment workshop titled Enjoy Your Marriage: Marriage Education and Enrichment Workshop for all engaged and married couples of the Diocese. It will incorporate Church teaching and scripture coupled with the Alexander's personal life experiences to present information in this fun, educational and fact-filled workshop. Cost is $80 and includes workshop materials and lunch. There will also be a table available at the event which will have all of their products available for sale. For more information please contact Hector & Christine Cardenas at 719-373-3056 or hrccmc at yahoo.com<mailto:hrccmc at yahoo.com>. Unfortunately due to limited
space, no childcare will be provided. Visit the Eventbrite website<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/enjoy-your-marriage-colorado-springs-co-tickets-16742704881?aff=eac2> to register online.

Online Resource Links

*   Symbolon Sign-up<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/SymbolonAdultFaith.aspx>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Online Scrip Orders<http://stgabriel.onlinescrip.com/>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat-Sun: Bin Drop-off for Gabriel's Gifts.

Sunday: Knights of Columbus sponsored free breakfast after the 8:30 am Mass.

Upcoming Events
Wednesday, June 3: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Friday, June 5: First Friday adoration from 10am to noon.
Sat-Sun, June 6-7: Fair Trade coffee and chocolates for sale after Masses.
For more news and events
View the May 31 Bulletin<http://www.saintgabriel.net/Portals/3/QuickDocs/Bulletins/May%2030-31,%202015.pdf>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>