[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - June 7, 2015

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Sun Jun 7 10:43:39 PDT 2015

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
June 7, 2015

________________________________
Vacation Bible School - Help With Decorating
We need help transforming our church into a Mt. Everest experience for our VBS explorers.  If you would like to help decorate we will start on Saturday, June 13 at 9:00am and work throughout the day.  Feel free to stop by anytime for as long as you can.
On Sunday we will start after the 10:30 mass until we finish and are ready for Monday morning!
Also, if you have a DOD ID we need help getting onto the Air Force Academy on Friday, June 12th at 7:00pm.  Each year the Air Force Academy is kind enough to let us take their decorations from their VBS program.

If you are interested in helping us pickup the Air Force Academy's VBS decorations please contact Kim at stgabevbs at gmail.com<mailto:stgabevbs at gmail.com>. Thank you to all who help make this program a success for our children.
________________________________
Pope Francis Habitat For Humanity Build
On 25 April, Bishop Sheridan presided over a groundbreaking ceremony (blessing) for the start of a Habitat for Humanity sponsored home build labeled the Pope Francis Build. Half the cost of the house was donated by an anonymous donor who challenge Catholics to take the lead to support the project. The Sts. Gabriel and John Vianney Knights of Columbus Council has supported Habitat for Humanity on a regular basis for years. To increase our Catholic participation, we are inviting the entire Parish to join us. On Saturday, June 13, the Knights will work on this home for Elizabeth Berryman and her son, Hayden. Anyone 16 and older can join us for either a morning or afternoon shift. Habitat provides the tools and the training and simply asks you to complete an on-line computer safety training. If you can't make June 13, we will work again on Saturday, August 22. We need 10 volunteers per shift. To help, contact Steve Reed at (719) 433-1676 or yoreedo at yahoo.com<mailto:yoreedo at yahoo.com>. For information on the Pikes Peak Habitat for Humanity visit their website at www.pikespeakhabitat.org<http://www.pikespeakhabitat.org>.
________________________________
Marriage Enrichment Workshop
Greg and Julie Alexander of the Alexander House and producers of the Covenant of Love program will be at Saint Gabriel on Saturday, June 13 from 9am-3pm to offer a marriage enrichment workshop titled Enjoy Your Marriage: Marriage Education and Enrichment Workshop for all engaged and married couples of the Diocese. It will incorporate Church teaching and scripture coupled with the Alexander's personal life experiences to present information in this fun, educational and fact-filled workshop. Cost is $80 and includes workshop materials and lunch. There will also be a table available at the event which will have all of their products available for sale. For more information please contact Hector & Christine Cardenas at 719-373-3056 or hrccmc at yahoo.com<mailto:hrccmc at yahoo.com>. Unfortunately due to limited
space, no childcare will be provided. Visit the Eventbrite website<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/enjoy-your-marriage-colorado-springs-co-tickets-16742704881?aff=eac2> to register online.

Online Resource Links

*   Symbolon Sign-up<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/SymbolonAdultFaith.aspx>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Online Scrip Orders<http://stgabriel.onlinescrip.com/>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sunday: VBS Training for all volunteers from 2-4pm.

Upcoming Events
Tuesday, June 9: Senior Social Group lunch at noon at Chili's (Vickers and N. Academy).
Wednesday, June 10: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Wednesday, June 10: Knights of Columbus Council meeting at 7 pm.
Thursday, June 11: Ladies Auxiliary meeting at 6:30 pm.
Saturday, June 13: Marriage Enrichment Workshop at St. Gabriel from 9am to 3 pm.
For more news and events
View the June 7 Bulletin<http://www.saintgabriel.net/Portals/3/QuickDocs/Bulletins/June6-7,%202015.pdf>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>