[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - August 13, 2015

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu Aug 13 19:31:27 PDT 2015

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
August 13, 2015

________________________________
Briarfest - September 11-13
Tell your friends, relatives, neighbors & co-workers about Briarfest. Year #2. On September 11-13, St. Gabriel will host Briarfest 2015, a festival designed to bring family fun and a sense of community to Briargate. Activities planned are: Carnival Midway Rides, Briarfest Bolt (5K & 1K kid fun run), Food Vendors, Entertainment, Music Concerts, Wine Tastings, Beer Garden, Briarpatch (Kids Games), Silent Auction, Exhibit, Arts & Craft Vendors and much more. For Complete List of Activities check out our Facebook page or website at www.Briarfest.com<http://www.Briarfest.com>. Crabtree Carnival Ride Tickets Now On Sale Pre-Sale Ride Tickets $20 ($5 Savings) Redeemable at "Will Call" for 1 day only wrist band all day pass for Crabtree carnival rides. Go to www.briarfest.com<http://www.briarfest.com> to purchase your tickets.
________________________________
K of C Peach Pickups
If you placed an order with the Knights of Columbus for Peaches or Pairs they will be available for pickup in front of the Church from noon to 3pm this Saturday (Aug 15).
________________________________
Exciting Youth Event At Briarfest
Save the Date - September 12, 2015. That is when Gary Foote, an engaging, funny and relevant Catholic speaker will be at St. Gabriel for three youth sessions. The first will be from 11:30am - 1pm. It is entitled "The Word Became Flesh" and is geared to help altar servers develop a very personal encounter in the Eucharist. The second will be from 2-3:30pm and is entitled "Prodigal". This is geared toward the youth and teen group and helps them to learn to know the unconditional love of our Father and share it. The third will be from 4-5:30pm titled "Extreme Thirst" and is a Ydisciple Youth Event. Gary speaks to the truth that only God can quench the thirst that has been placed deep within us all. Before and after the free sessions with Gary Foote, enjoy the carnival rides, food and concerts at Briarfest 2015!
________________________________
Religious Education Needs You
Do you enjoy working with children? Our Religious Education program sure can use volunteers to help with Elementary grade levels. If you have time twice a month to teach our kids about our Catholic Faith, please prayerfully consider helping our RE program. We have openings on Monday from 4:30-6:00 and Sunday from 12:30-2:00pm. Only requirements are a love for kids, have been a parishioner for more than 6 months and be Safe Trained. Please contact Cindy Martinez at 528-8407.
________________________________
RCIA
St. Gabriel will be holding RCIA on Wednesday nights from 6-7:30pm beginning August 26. The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is a ministry to adults who are interested in learning more about the Catholic faith. Our RCIA program addresses the needs of:
* Adults who have never been baptized
* Adults who have been baptized in another Christian tradition
* Adults who were baptized Catholic but have had no instruction in the faith or have not received the Sacraments of First Eucharist and/or Confirmation.
Please contact Robin Schneider at navysandog at gmail.com<mailto:navysandog at gmail.com> and/or 443.851.1331 if you have any questions.

Online Resource Links

*   Symbolon Sign-up<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/SymbolonAdultFaith.aspx>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Online Scrip Orders<http://stgabriel.onlinescrip.com/>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sunday: Y-Disciples Launch Party from 6-8pm at St. Gabriel. All high school teens welcome.

Upcoming Events
Wednesday, Aug 19: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
For more news and events
View the August 16 Bulletin<http://www.saintgabriel.net/Portals/3/QuickDocs/Bulletins/August15-16,%202015.pdf>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>