[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - October 2, 2015

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Oct 2 09:25:50 PDT 2015

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
October 2, 2015

________________________________
Oktoberfest Dinner This Saturday
The Knights of Columbus 5th Annual Oktoberfest Dinner is this Saturday (October 3) following the 5:00 pm mass. Tickets for the dinner will be available at the door and all are invited to come celebrate autumn with a great meal and social time with your fellow parishioners.

Double Wurst Plate:
    - 2 Bratwurst with Brötchen, Sauerkraut, German Potato Salad -$10.00
Wurst Plate:
  - 1 Bratwurst with Brötchen, Sauerkraut, German Potato Salad - $8.00
Kinder Plate:
  - Hot dog on bun with Potato Chips - $2.50.
All Plates include dessert and all the lemonade you can drink. Soft drinks, beer and wine will be available for donations.
________________________________
October is Respect Life Month
We invite you to explore and read the many articles and ideas for the month on the USCCB website. The link is http://www.usccb.org/about/pro-life-activities/respect-life-program/
________________________________
Respect Life Committee
The Respect Life Committee will have its first organizational meeting at the church on October 13. If you are interested in participating in the committee, please come. We will discuss the actual structure of the committee, what we hope to do, and some initial projects. If you have any questions, please email Deacon Pat at deaconpat.oconnor at outlook.com.
________________________________
Bible Study
This is your last chance to sign up for the Great Adventure study on the prophets, presented by Thomas Smith via DVD! This 10 week study on the Prophets will meet on Monday evenings from 7-8:30 at the church beginning Monday, October 12. Each week, you will come to know a prophet from Scripture and learn how his message sheds light on our faith and our lives. You will read Scripture and the Catechism, while answering thought -provoking  questions and powerful reflections. Plus, you will learn practical ways to apply the messages of the prophets in your own life. To join us contact Diane Littleton at diane.littleton at gmail.com or 282-3406 by October 3 so we have enough study sets. Cost will be about $30.
________________________________

Online Resource Links

·   Symbolon Sign-up<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/SymbolonAdultFaith.aspx>

·   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

·   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

·   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

·   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat-Sun: Olive Wood Sale all weekend. Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate will be for sale after all Masses as well.
Saturday: Oktoberfest Dinner after the 5pm Mass in the 4plex.
Sunday: Kid Zone from 2 - 3:30pm
Sunday: Blessing of the Pets at 3:30pm in front of the church
Sunday: Middle School Youth Group from 6 - 8pm
Sunday: Adult Education class at 6pm. Topic is "Peter - Cornerstone of Catholicism #2".

Upcoming Events
Wednesday, Oct 7: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction
For more news and events
View the October 4 Bulletin<http://www.saintgabriel.net/Portals/3/QuickDocs/Bulletins/October3-4,%202015.pdf>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>