[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - October 10, 2015

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Sat Oct 10 08:54:01 PDT 2015

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
October 10, 2015

________________________________
Couples Date Night
Bring your sweetheart on Friday, October 16 for a special evening together. This year we're inviting guest speakers to enrich our evenings. We'll gather at 6pm in the 4-plex for a pot-luck dinner (please bring something to share) with the program from 6:30-7:45pm. All couples from the newly engaged to great grandparents are welcomed and encouraged to come! Child care will be provided. Please RSVP to Joe & Lori Trechter at joetrecht at aol.com or 494-1296 or Hector & Christine Cardenas at hrccmc at yahoo.com. (Couples also welcome at the last minute).
________________________________
Altar Server Ministry
Altar Server Training opportunities are coming up November 6 at 6pm and November 7 at 10am. If you have ever thought you were called to be an Altar Server, this would be a great chance for you to start learning and join this amazing ministry as a Friend of Jesus! All youth who have received first communion through High School are encouraged to consider. Please RSVP to Grove Higgins at grovehiggins at gmail.com
________________________________
October is Respect Life Month
We invite you to explore and read the many articles and ideas for the month on the USCCB website. The link is http://www.usccb.org/about/pro-life-activities/respect-life-program/
________________________________
Respect Life Committee
The Respect Life Committee will have its first organizational meeting at the church on October 13. If you are interested in participating in the committee, please come. We will discuss the actual structure of the committee, what we hope to do, and some initial projects. If you have any questions, please email Deacon Pat at deaconpat.oconnor at outlook.com<mailto:deaconpat.oconnor at outlook.com>.
________________________________

Online Resource Links

*   Symbolon Sign-up<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/SymbolonAdultFaith.aspx>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sunday: Adult Education class at 6pm. Topic is "Peter - Cornerstone of Catholicism #2".

Upcoming Events
Tuesday, October 13: Senior Social Group luncheon at noon at Red Robin on N. Academy. Please join us for fun and friendship. For more information call Sharon at 282-1912.

Wednesday, Oct 7: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction

Wednesday, Oct 14: Knights of Columbus council meeting at 7pm

Friday, October 16: Couples Date Night. Potluck at 6pm. Program starts at 6:30pm.
Sat-Sun, October 17-18 Bin Pick up for Gabriel's Gifts. Sunday, October 18 Adult Education class at 6pm.
For more news and events
View the October 11 Bulletin<http://www.saintgabriel.net/Portals/3/QuickDocs/Bulletins/October10-11,%202015.pdf>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>