[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - February 18, 2016

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu Feb 18 14:16:44 PST 2016

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
February 18, 2016

________________________________
Send Hunger Packing - Pick up bins this weekend
The Send Hunger Packing program has provided nearly 287,000 meals to hungry families in El Paso County. February food pantry donations to benefit Send Hunger
Packing for the fifth year, the Outreach Committee and the Knights of Columbus
are sponsoring Send Hunger Packing. The Care and Share program provides weekend meals for the families of children who receive free and reduced meals during the school week. Many of these children ― along with their families ― go hungry over the weekend. We need your help again this year. Pick up a list of needed items from the table in the narthex. Bins will be available the weekend of
February 20 and 21. Please bring your donations to The Knights of Columbus trailer February 27 and 28. Thank You.
________________________________
Shadow Stations of the Cross
On Friday Feb. 19, the Y Disciple Teens will be presenting the Shadow Stations of the Cross at 6pm. This is a nontraditional dramatic representation of each station of our Lord's journey to Calvary. Everyone is invited to join us. It will be followed by a soup supper.
Stations of the Cross will be held each Friday of Lent followed by a Soup Supper or Fish Fry. The Knights of Columbus have two more Friday fish fries scheduled during lent. They are to be held on February 26 and March 18 immediately following Stations of the Cross.
________________________________
Chili Cook Off
As the temperatures drop outside, join us for the Third Annual Y Disciple Chili Cook-Off on February 27 after the 5:00pm mass. It will surely get your internal temperatures rising. Everyone is invited. This year we have a $20 unlimited chili, family of 4 pass, a $10 unlimited chili, individual pass. Like last year, we also offer $1 tasting cups or $3 bowls. All proceeds benefit our Mission Lakota mission trip this summer.
Want to enter your favorite chili? Sign up now to enter your chili in our Third Annual Y Disciple Chili Cook-Off. There will be a table in the Narthex Feb. 13-14 and Feb. 20-21. You can also email Gretchen Dunnam at gadunnam at q.com<mailto:gadunnam at q.com>.
________________________________
Blood Drive - Sign up this weekend
The Health and Safety Committee encourages our parishioners to give to those in need during this Lenten season by participating in St. Gabriel's Blood Drive. Blood truly is a gift of life because it cannot be manufactured, duplicated, or produced outside of the human body. Over 95% of us who reach the age of 72 will need blood at some time in our lives. St. Gabriel's Blood Drive will be held March 5, 4pm-7 pm and March 6, 9am-1 pm. Please sign up in the Narthex February 20th-21st & 27th- 28th. Walk-ins are welcome. Driver's License Required. For questions call 776-5822
________________________________
Mission of Mercy
March 6 (6 - 7:15pm), March 7 (7 - 8:15pm), March 8 (7-8:15pm)
During the three days, Fr. Jim McCormack, MIC (Missionaries of the Immaculate Conception) will guide us to a life changing experience - encountering Jesus in our everyday lives. Topics for the three days will be: The Year of Mercy (what it means, why it's important, and how to benefit as much as possible from it; for example, the meaning/history of the holy door, etc.), Consoling the Heart of Jesus St. Therese of Lisieux, and Consecrating ourselves to Merciful Love (from Fr. Michael Gaitley's forthcoming book, 33 Days to Merciful Love)

Online Resource Links

·   Symbolon Sign-up<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/SymbolonAdultFaith.aspx>

·   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

·   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

·   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

·   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Friday:
- Shadow Stations of the Cross 6pm followed by a Soup Supper
Sat & Sun:
- Blood Drive Sign ups - after Masses. Schedule to donate to the Blood Drive to be held at St. Gabriel on Saturday, March 5 and Sunday, March 6.

- Bin Pick up to Send Hunger Packing.
-Sign up for the Chili Cook Off after all Masses to benefit this summer's mission trip.
- RE families, please return your filled M&M tubes this weekend to support the mission trip.
Sunday:
- Adult Formation classes at 5:45pm.
- The Mother Teresa "I Thirst" time of reflection will be repeated at 7pm at St. Gabriel
Upcoming Events.
Wednesday, Feb 24: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Wed, Feb 24:  Knights of Columbus Council meeting at 7pm.
Thurs, Feb 25: Ladies Auxiliary meeting at 6:30 pm.
Friday, Feb 26: Stations of the Cross at 6 pm followed by a Knights of Columbus sponsored Fish Fry.
For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishInfo/Bulletins.aspx>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>