[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - Feb 26, 2016

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Feb 26 08:27:06 PST 2016

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
February 26, 2016

________________________________
Tonight - Stations of the Cross & K of C Fish Fry
The Stations of the Cross starts at 6pm tonight followed by the 2nd of 3 Lenten Knights of Columbus Fish Fry Dinners.  Once again the Knights will be serving a complete meal of fish, coleslaw & potatoes.  For those who don't like fish, grilled cheese sandwiches will be available.  The dinner starts immediately after the Stations of the Cross.
________________________________
Chili Cook Off - This Saturday
As the temperatures drop outside, join us for the Third Annual Y Disciple Chili Cook-Off on Saturday (Feb 27) after the 5:00pm mass. It will surely get your internal temperatures rising. Everyone is invited. This year we have a $20 unlimited chili, family of 4 pass, a $10 unlimited chili, individual pass. Like last year, we also offer $1 tasting cups or $3 bowls. All proceeds benefit our Mission Lakota mission trip this summer.
________________________________
Send Hunger Packing - Food drop off this weekend
The Send Hunger Packing program has provided nearly 287,000 meals to hungry families in El Paso County. February food pantry donations to benefit Send Hunger
Packing for the fifth year, the Outreach Committee and the Knights of Columbus
are sponsoring Send Hunger Packing. The Care and Share program provides weekend meals for the families of children who receive free and reduced meals during the school week. Many of these children ― along with their families ― go hungry over the weekend. We need your help again this year. Pick up a list of needed items from the table in the narthex. Bins will be available the weekend of
February 20 and 21. Please bring your donations to The Knights of Columbus trailer February 27 and 28. Thank You.
________________________________
Blood Drive - Sign up this weekend
The Health and Safety Committee encourages our parishioners to give to those in need during this Lenten season by participating in St. Gabriel's Blood Drive. Blood truly is a gift of life because it cannot be manufactured, duplicated, or produced outside of the human body. Over 95% of us who reach the age of 72 will need blood at some time in our lives. St. Gabriel's Blood Drive will be held March 5, 4pm-7 pm and March 6, 9am-1 pm. Please sign up in the Narthex February 27th- 28th. Walk-ins are welcome. Driver's License Required. For questions call 776-5822
________________________________
Mission of Mercy
March 6 (6 - 7:15pm), March 7 (7 - 8:15pm), March 8 (7-8:15pm)
During the three days, Fr. Jim McCormack, MIC (Missionaries of the Immaculate Conception) will guide us to a life changing experience - encountering Jesus in our everyday lives. Topics for the three days will be: The Year of Mercy (what it means, why it's important, and how to benefit as much as possible from it; for example, the meaning/history of the holy door, etc.), Consoling the Heart of Jesus St. Therese of Lisieux, and Consecrating ourselves to Merciful Love (from Fr. Michael Gaitley's forthcoming book, 33 Days to Merciful Love)

Online Resource Links

·   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

·   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

·   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

·   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

·   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Friday:
- Stations of the Cross & K of C Fish Fry 6pm.
Saturday:
- Chili Cook Off after the 5pm Mass to support the Mission Lakota mission trip. All are welcome!
Sat & Sun:
- Blood Drive Sign ups after all Masses

- Send Hunger Packing food drive, bring your food items this weekend.
Sunday:
- All are invited to the free Knights of Columbus breakfast after the 8:30 am Mass.

- Adult Formation classes at 5:45pm.
Upcoming Events.
Wednesday, March 2: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Friday, Mar4:
- First Friday Adoration from 10am to noon.

-Stations of the Cross English/Spanish Stations of the Cross at 6 pm followed by a Soup Supper.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishInfo/Bulletins.aspx>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>