[St. Gabriel Parish News] Briarfest - St. Gabriel Parish News

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Thu Sep 8 16:24:27 PDT 2016

[cid:image001.png at 01D209F5.3A913CC0]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
September 8, 2016

________________________________
On behalf of the Briarfest committee, Fr. Kirk and staff we want to thank all of our volunteers for their hard work that has happened and will happen over the weekend.  We will have fun and develop new friendships.    What a true testament to our faith to welcome our community to St. Gabriel parish.

Reminders:  See www.briarfest.com<http://www.briarfest.com> for the full schedule.

Carnival Rides:   There is still time to get the discounted carnival ride ticket on the www.briarfest.com<http://www.briarfest.com> website.   $20 online - $25 at the door.  Website discount closes at 11:00pm tonight.

Wine Tastings:  Saturday and Sunday Tastings are still available.

Silent Auction Inside Quad

Walk to End Hunger
It's not too late to participate in the free Walk to End Hunger, benefitting Mercy's Gate! It's Saturday morning, Sept. 10, at 9:00am.  Register at briarfest.com<http://www.briarfest.com/>.

We'll walk to the North Union King Soopers, pick up their food, and walk back to Briarfest, just in time to rev up the Ferris wheel and order that funnel cake!
* If we reach 250 St. Gabriel walkers, Dcn. Mike will dye his beard green...Ordinary Time, you know!
* If we break 300 walkers, Fr. Kirk will sport a flattop haircut, just like Dcn. Mike!

Join us for the fun, and Walk to End Hunger!  Bring your kids, the wagon, strollers...even your dogs!  Let's show Briargate that we care for them!

You can still make a food donation:
* EASY DONATION:  Bring in your donation to the big purple bin in the narthex this weekend.
o Needed items:  Jello, Chunky soup, saltine crackers, cereal, canned fruit, jelly, dry beans, condiments, baking items.
 Skip these items:  pasta, green beans, corn, canned beans.
* EASIER DONATION:  Pick up a $15 pre-packed food bag at the North Union King Soopers in Briargate when you do your shopping.  The store is celebrating their re-grand opening, and the bags were positioned right at the check-out.
* EASIEST DONATION:  Register for the free walk at briarfest.com, and make an optional cash donation.