[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - Sept 17, 2016

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Sat Sep 17 10:10:44 PDT 2016

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
September 17, 2016

________________________________
Gabriel's Gifts Food Drive
Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy's Gate is next weekend. Please pick up a bin after mass today and bring your donation when you come to mass next weekend. Needed food items include: baking ingredients, boxed meals (Hamburger Helper, Pasta Helper, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, etc.), canned vegetables (please no corn or green beans), canned fruit, large cans of Chunky soup and chili, rice, dried beans, crackers, cereal, jelly, Jell-O, canned meats and pasta (Spam, canned ham, tuna, Spaghetti-O's) and spaghetti sauce. Needed nonfood items include: deodorant, face soap, personal hygiene products, shampoo, toothbrushes, tooth paste and laundry detergent. Thank you!
________________________________
Thanks For A Great Briarfest
Dear Briarfest Volunteer,

With Briarfest 2016 wrapping up, the smell of the cotton candy, funnel cake, and corn dogs subsiding, and the cleanup beginning, its' time to recognize the reason for our event's success, YOU!

As the Chair of Briarfest I wanted to take a moment on behalf of the entire committee, the Saint Gabriel staff and Catholic Charities to thank you for your willingness to volunteer. Your hard work and tireless efforts did not go unnoticed. It is quite apparent that an event of this magnitude could not be executed without your support and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty!

I know that I speak for everyone involved in Briarfest when I say we couldn't have done it without you! For a parish of this size to undertake an event of this magnitude speaks volumes for your willingness to do God's work and help bring something very special to our community. St. Gabriel's Catholic Church is not just a place of worship, but it is truly a vehicle by which we spread the good news through our active faith and works. Briarfest is just another example of what an active and vibrant parish with strong leadership can do!

Thank you again for all that you have done and your willingness to help bring hundreds of smiles, good times, good cheer and great family memories to our community. The numerous smiles I saw on the faces of the children, parents and grandparents throughout Briarfest weekend say it all. You truly made an impact and should be proud.

Thank you again for all that you have done and thank you most of all for your willingness to serve. You have helped create memories that will last a life time.

Yours in Christ,
Jeff Parker
Briarfest Chairman
________________________________
40 Days For Life
Join us for our fall 40 Days for Life kick off event in Colorado Springs with Shawn Carney, 40 Days for Life President Tuesday, September 20th at 6:30 p.m. at the Centennial Sidewalk near Planned Parenthood- 3480 Centennial Blvd. Colo. Springs
40 Days for Life is an intensive campaign that focuses on 40 days of prayer and fasting for an end to abortion, peaceful vigil at abortion facilities, and grassroots educational outreach. Since 40 Days for Life began, 11,796 mothers have chosen life for their children; 133 abortion workers have quit their jobs; and 73 abortion centers where 40 Days for Life vigils have been held have gone out of business. From September 28 through November 6, you're invited to join other Christians for 40 Days for Life - 40 days of prayer and fasting for an end to abortion. You're also invited to stand and peacefully pray during a 40-day vigil in the public right-of-way outside Planned Parenthood on 3480 Centennial Blvd. and also to help spread the word about this important community outreach. If you'd like more information - and especially if you'd like to volunteer to help, please contact: Michele Mason 719-659-2097 or prolifefamilyof15 at gmail.com.
________________________________

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat-Sun: Fostering Hope table after all Masses.
Sat-Sun: Bin Pick up for Gabriel's Gifts after all Masses.
Sat: Facilitator Workshop 8:30-12:30 in the four-plex.
Sunday: Y Disciples Launch Party 6 pm to 8 pm.
Upcoming Events.
Tues, Sept 20: Safety Readiness Meeting 7 pm.
Wed, Sept 21: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Thurs, Sept 22: St. Gabriel Ladies Ministry Meeting 6:30 pm.
Fri, Sept 23: Reading/discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.
Fri, Sept 23: Date Night in the four-plex at 6 pm.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishInfo/Bulletins.aspx>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>