[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - Sept 30, 2016

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Sep 30 09:44:52 PDT 2016

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
September 30, 2016

________________________________
Visiting Priest
Fr. Larry Bernard from the Franciscan Missions in New Mexico and Arizona will be with us celebrating all Masses the weekend of October 1 and 2. For over 100 years the Franciscans have ministered in the Southwest US to the Navajo Indians, Pueblos
Indians and Hispanics. The friars seek to respect, preserve and integrate into our Catholic faith the beautiful customs and crafts of the three cultures. Most
of missions are small and very poor. Your offering will support their ministries.
________________________________
Dinner with Bishop and Father Kirk
In case you missed it at the silent auction, we have about 25 slots left to fill for the Dinner with the Bishop and Fr. Kirk. It's going to be held on Thursday, Oct. 13. 2016 at El Padrino's Mexicana Restaurant. We will begin with a cocktail hour and appetizers starting at 6:00 p.m. followed by dinner. The cost is only $35/person includes a fountain drink or tea, does not include alcoholic drink or gratuity.
The restaurant provides the food as a way to give back, so 100% of the $35 charge comes right back to St. Gabriel's. We would love to have a great turn-out. Please call Judy Gamble 719-338-1152 for more detail or go by the office to signup and pay.
________________________________
Blessing of the Animals
Join Deacon Mike for a Blessing of the Animals at 9:00am on Saturday, October 8. We'll gather our creatures, great and small, in front of the church for a special blessing, in honor of St. Francis of Assisi, whose feast is Oct. 4. All animals are welcome!
________________________________
Fostering Hope
Fostering Hope is hosting an information meeting on Tuesday, October 4th at 7pm in the St. John Vianney room at the church. Everyone is invited to attend and find out more details on how we serve and assist foster families. For more information please contact Barb Lara at 634-8588 or Barbara.lara at fosteringhopefoundation.org
________________________________
Children's Choir
Saint Gabriel's Music Department is welcoming the children to sing to Our Lord! The Children's Choir will open to all children in 1st to 5th grade-no audition is required. This is a great opportunity for members to develop musical skills, learn about their faith and the rhythms of our liturgical year; but most importantly, PRAISE GOD! Starting September 21st, the Children's Choir rehearses on Wednesdays from 5:15 to 6:00 pm, September through May, in the Saint Cecelia Room. Please consider lifting your voice and enriching our Masses in this wonderful ministry. To register, or for more information, please contact Kathy Thomas, 528-8407, kthomas at saintgabriel.net. Register by October 19.
________________________________

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat-Sun: Fr. Larry Bernard from the Franciscan Missions in New Mexico and Arizona will be with us celebrating all Masses the weekend
Sat-Sun: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate for sale in nartex.
Sun: Life Chain 1-2:30 pm
Upcoming Events.
Mon, Oct 3: Neocatechumenal Way 7:30 pm.
Tues, Oct 4: Fostering Hope Information Night 7 pm.
Tues, Oct 4: Safety Readiness meeting 7 pm.
Wed, Oct 5: Magnifacat Moms 9:15 to 11 am.
Wed, Oct 7: K of C 4th degree Assembly Meeting 7 pm.
Wed, Oct 5: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Thur, Oct 6: Neocatechumenal Way 7:30.
Fri, Oct 7: First Friday Adoration from 10 am to noon.
Fri, Oct 7: Reading/discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.
Sat, Oct 8: Roses for Life

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishInfo/Bulletins.aspx>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>