[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - October 7, 2016

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Oct 7 11:18:11 PDT 2016

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
October 7, 2016

________________________________
Blessing of the Animals - Tomorrow
Join Deacon Mike for a Blessing of the Animals at 9:00am on Saturday, October 8. We'll gather our creatures, great and small, in front of the church for a special blessing, in honor of St. Francis of Assisi, whose feast was on Oct. 4. All animals are welcome!
________________________________
Dinner with Bishop and Father Kirk
In case you missed it at the silent auction, we have about 25 slots left to fill for the Dinner with the Bishop and Fr. Kirk. It's going to be held on Thursday, Oct. 13. 2016 at El Padrino's Mexicana Restaurant. We will begin with a cocktail hour and appetizers starting at 6:00 p.m. followed by dinner. The cost is only $35/person includes a fountain drink or tea, does not include alcoholic drink or gratuity.
The restaurant provides the food as a way to give back, so 100% of the $35 charge comes right back to St. Gabriel's. We would love to have a great turn-out. Please call Judy Gamble 719-338-1152 for more detail or go by the office to signup and pay.
________________________________
Message from Father Jose
My Dear friends,
Let me take a moment to say how thankful I am to God, our Lord, for giving me the opportunity to be a priest among you. I treasure great memories that I will have with me for the rest of my life. God bless you so much.

Many thanks to Father Kirk, Nancy, Cindy , Kathy, Michelle, Kim, Marc, Deacon André, Deacon Andy & Deacon Mike. God Bless all the volunteers that in one or
another you have helped me in my ministry here at Saint Gabriel.

Thank you for your love and friendship. You are in my heart and in my prayers. I pray for you and hope you will pray for me. May God bless you always, and God
willing, see you soon.

Father Jose
________________________________
Date Night
The Date Night ministry welcomes you to faith, food, and fun for Shared Racreation and Game Night. On October 14th staring at 6:00 pm, you and your spouse will learn new ways to enjoy each other's company, and spend the evening in laughter w/ great Catholic couples! If you have a favorite game to play, you may bring it along. The team couples will also bring games to share. To celebrate Oktoberfest, we are having a German food theme. Please bring a German side item to share. Free childcare is offered!! Please RSVP so we know how much food to prepare. We are providing a potluck dinner, dessert, and refreshments. Also, please let us know numbers and ages of children if you need childcare. If you aren't yet on our e-vite list, please RSVP to Joe and Lori at joetrecht at aol.com or call (719) 494-1296.
________________________________
Advent By Candlelight
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
Song of Mary, Luke 1:47 Advent by Candlelight is an opportunity for women to set aside the hustle and bustle of holiday preparation and focus our minds and hearts on the birth of Christ. This year, Candlelight Afternoon Tea will take place on December 3 at St. Gabriel from 1-3pm. Beautiful decorations and fellowship provide a delightful atmosphere for the ladies to enjoy food, music and scripture readings. Registration will take place after all Masses on October 22-23, and Oct 29-30; we are
limited to 64 ladies, so sign up early. This event is hosted by the Ladies Ministry of St. Gabriel. For further information, contact Joanne Schultz at 719-661-3599.
________________________________

Online Resource Links

·   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

·   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

·   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

·   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

·   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat: Blessing of the Animals 9 am.
Sat-Sun: Roses for Life
Upcoming Events.
Mon, Oct 10: Neocatechumenal Way 7:30 pm
Mon, Oct 10: Follow Me: Getting to Know Jesus through the Gospel of John Bible Study 7 pm.
Tue, Oct 11: Senior Social Group meeting at noon at Shangri-La Chinese Restaurant in the Union Town Center.
Wed, Oct 12: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Wed, Oct 12: Knights of Columbus meeting 7 pm.
Thurs, Oct 13: Faithful Citizenship presentation 6:30 pm.
Thurs, Oct 13: Neocatechumenal Way 7:30 pm.
Fri, Oct 14: Reading/discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.
Fri, Oct 14: Date Night 6 pm.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishInfo/Bulletins.aspx>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>