[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - Nov 4, 2016

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Nov 4 11:07:27 PDT 2016

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
November 4, 2016

________________________________
Craft Fair Help Wanted
Do you love to bake? Have you been looking for a way to support the teens of our parish? This opportunity is for you. On November 12, St. Gabriel's will be having our annual Holiday Craft Fair. The Y Disciple group will be selling baked goods during the fair. We need donations of cookies, cupcakes, breads or any other baked goods. All proceeds go to support our youth mission trips, including our Mission Colorado and Mission Possible which will take place this coming summer. If you can help us out, please contact Gretchen Dunnam at gadunnam at q.com or 719-640-7734. Baked goods can be dropped off on November 11 or 12th. Thank you for supporting our youth"
________________________________
EMoHC Training
My Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ - Are you considering ways to make a commitment of service to our Lord and our faith community? Volunteering as an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion (EMoHC) may be the introduction to service that is just right for you! You can serve during the Mass time you regularly attend, bring Communion to the Sick/Homebound, or both. The training sessions for this quarter are scheduled for Monday, November 14th and Tuesday, Nov 15th at 6:30 p.m. in the Nave. Sign up in advance is required. For more information or to sign up, please contact the EMoHC Ministry Coordinator, Bernadette Marquez at 757-358-4232 or bunnimarquez at yahoo.com.
________________________________
St. Gabriel's Ladies Ministry
November 10, at 6:30 pm in the 4 plex at church is our next meeting. The Annual Christmas Ornament Exchange/Potluck/Cookie swap will be taking place. Please bring your favorite dish to share, a $10 ornament and of course cookies if you would like to swap (optional). We will have a short presentation from Kathy Thomas on the importance that music plays in the liturgy. Do you have a sense of what parts of the Mass are the most important? The answers may surprise you! Come hear what the answer may be. This event is open to all ladies of the parish, so please come join us.
________________________________
Support Our Thanksgiving Food Drive
The Outreach Ministry is accepting donations for our annual Thanksgiving Food Basket drive. We will be providing Thanksgiving dinner to families through Mercy's Gate as well as military families in need of assistance. Sign up at the table in the narthex to provide a complete meal or a partial meal. A shopping list for both is available at the sign-up table. Please return your food donations to the narthex by Sunday, November 20. Thank you for supporting this important program!
________________________________
Magnificat Moms
Magnificat Moms will meet this Wednesday, November 9th from 9:15-11am in the Saint Gabriel's 4-plex. Join us for brunch, fellowship and adoration! Please bring a brunch item to share. Children are always welcome! Please email magnificatmomsstgabriel at gmail.com with questions or for more information.
________________________________
Senior Social Group
Everyone over the age of 55 is invited to join our group. It's an opportunity to meet other senior parishoners, make new friends, and have a good time. Our lunch for November is the second Tuesday, November 8 at noon at Shangri-La Chinese Restaurant in the Union Town Center (8850 N. Union Blvd). Call Sharon at 282-1912 for more information.
________________________________

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat-Sun: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolates for sale.
Upcoming Events.
Mon, Nov 7: Neocatechumenal Way 7:30 pm.
Mon, Nov 7: Follow Me: Getting to Know Jesus through the Gospel of John Bible study 7 pm.
Tues, Nov 8: Election Day.
Tues, Nov 8: Senior Social Group Meeting at noon at Shangri-La Chinese Restaurant 8850 N. Union Blvd.
Tues, Nov 8: Respect Life Meeting 6 pm.
Wed, Nov 9: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Wed, Nov 9: Magnificat Moms 9:15-11 am.
Thurs, Nov 10: Neocatechumenal Way 7:30 pm.
Thurs, Nov 10: St. Gabriel Ladies Ministry Meeting 6:30 pm.
Fri, Nov 11: Reading/discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.
Fri, Nov 11: Veteran's Day.
Sat, Nov 12: St. Gabriel Craft Fair.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishInfo/Bulletins.aspx>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>