[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - October 28, 2016

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Oct 28 08:53:38 PDT 2016

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
October 28, 2016

________________________________
Gabriel's Gifts Food Drive
Our monthly food pantry collection for Mercy's Gate is this weekend. Needed food items include: baking ingredients, boxed meals (Hamburger Helper, Pasta Helper, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, etc.), canned vegetables (please no corn or green beans), canned fruit, large cans of Chunky soup and chili, rice, dried beans, crackers, cereal, jelly, Jell-O, canned meats and pasta (Spam, canned ham, tuna, Spaghetti-O's) and spaghetti sauce. Needed nonfood items include: deodorant, face soap, personal hygiene products, shampoo, toothbrushes, tooth paste and laundry detergent. Thank you!
________________________________
1st Annual 'Walk with the Martyr' Tonight
To prepare for the holy days of All Hollows' Eve, All Saint's Day and All Souls' Day all parishioners, family and friends are invited to our 1st Annual 'Walk with the Martyr' tonight, October 28. There will be a pot-luck dinner followed by our EPIC Middle School Faith Formation team's depiction of John the Baptist, Stephen, Joan of Arc and other martyrs.  The schedule for the evening is:
  6pm - 7pm: Pot-luck Dinner
  7pm - 8:30pm: Walk with the Martyrs
  9pm: Mass
________________________________
Men's Breakfast
Join Deacon Mike for breakfast, fellowship and prayer at the St. Gabriel men's breakfast this Saturday October 29 at 8:30 in the four-plex.
________________________________
Knight of Columbus Breakfast This Weekend
Join you fellow parishioners for breakfast after the 8:30am Mass on Sunday.  Breakfast is provided free of charge by our Knights of Columbus council.  Donations accepted.
________________________________
Advent By Candlelight
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
Song of Mary, Luke 1:47 Advent by Candlelight is an opportunity for women to set aside
the hustle and bustle of holiday preparation and focus our minds and hearts on the birth of Christ. This year, Candlelight Afternoon Tea will take place on December 3 at St. Gabriel from 1-3pm. Beautiful decorations and fellowship provide a delightful atmosphere for the ladies to enjoy food, music and scripture readings. Registration will take place after all Masses this weekend; we are limited to 64 ladies, so sign up early. This event is hosted by the Ladies Ministry of St. Gabriel. For further information, contact Joanne Schultz at 719-661-3599.
________________________________
All Saint's and All Soul's Days Masses
ALL SAINTS
Mass for All Saints will be offered on Tuesday, November 1, at 12:15pm and 6:30pm.

ALL SOULS
Two Masses will be offered for our dearly departed: Friday, October 28, at 9:00pm (at the end of the Walk with the Martyrs celebration) and Wednesday, November 2, at 12:15pm.
________________________________

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Year of Marriage & Family<http://www.yearformarriageandfamily.com/>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Special Events Videos<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ParishMissionsSpecialEvents.aspx>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat-Sun: Sign up for Advent by Candlelight after all Masses.
Sat-Sun: Bin Drop Off for Gabriel's Gifts after all Masses.
Sat: Men's Breakfast 8:30-10:30 am.
Sun: Knights of Columbus free breakfast after 8:30 Mass.
Upcoming Events.
Mon, Oct 31: Neocatechumenal Way 7:30 pm.
Mon, Oct 31: Follow Me - Getting to Know Jesus through the Gospel of John Bible study 7 pm.
Tues, Nov 1: Office Closed in observance of All Saint's Day.
Tues, Nov 1: All Saint's Day Masses at 12:15 and 6:30 pm.
Tues, Nov 1: Outreach Meeting 7 pm.
Tues, Nov 1: Safety Readiness Meeting 7 pm.
Wed, Nov 2: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Wed, Nov 2: All Soul's Day Mass at 12:15.
Thurs, Nov 3: Neocatechumenal Way 7:30 pm.
Fri, Nov 4: First Friday Adoration from 10am to noon.
Fri, Nov 4: Reading/discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishInfo/Bulletins.aspx>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>