[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News - Jan 6, 2017

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Jan 6 07:44:34 PST 2017

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
January 6, 2017

________________________________
Epiphany Event Canceled
Come Watch the Epiphany come to life event at Saint Gabriel has been canceled on January 7th, 2017.
________________________________
Senior Social Group
Seniors, begin the new year by joining our group for fun and friendship! We meet the second Tuesday of the month for lunch and then have a game day on the fourth Tuesday, usually playing dominoes or cards. Our lunch for January is on Tuesday, January 10 at noon at Red Lobster on Powers Blvd. Call Sharon at 282-1912 for more
information.
________________________________
Young Adult Ministry
Monday 1/23/17 from 6:30-8:30pm @ St. Gabriel's Parish All young adults in their 20's & 30's are invited for an evening of prayer and fellowship with our Bishop Michael Sheridan. Potluck theme: Italian RSVP to Sr. Bernadette at bmota at diocs.org or 719-352-1614. St. Gabriel's Parish welcomes all young adults in
their 20's & 30's, single and married, who desire to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ, the Catholic Church and their peers to join our Young Adult Ministry
(YAM). Check out our "Colorado Springs Catholic Young Adults" Facebook page for more information or text "Young Adult" to 84576 for automatic text message updates.
________________________________
2016 Food Collection a Huge Success
1174 pounds was delivered to Mercy's Gate on 20 Dec. This brings the total collection, that the knights handled, for calendar 2016 to 15,167 pounds (1513 to Care & Share, 1203 to Marian House and 12,451 to Mercy's Gate). Thank you to all parishioners who donated.
________________________________
Discover Your Inheritance
Paul's letter to the Ephesians reveals many remarkable gifts that we as Christians are given in the Church. This letter tells us about the nature of the Church - as a body, as a household, as a mystery, as a communion, as a bride, and as an army. It shows us the great inheritance that awaits us as sons and daughters, adopted fully into the family of God. It reveals how God's great love for us can transform our daily lives if we allow it. Ephesians: Discover Your Inheritance is an 8-part Bible study that will enrich your faith, and show you how to live it out. Our study will begin January 16. We will read Paul's letter, watch DVDs led by Jeff Cavins, and discuss the contents. Come join us on Monday nights from 7:00 p.m.-8:30 at St. Gabriel's. We will begin on January 16 and complete 8 weeks of study leading up to Easter. If you would like to participate, contact Diane Littleton 282-3406 or e-mail diane.littleton at gmail.com by January 8th.

Online Resource Links

*   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

*   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

*   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

This Weekend
Sat-Sun: Fair Trade coffee and chocolate for sale after all Masses.
Upcoming Events.
Tues, Jan 10: Senior Social Group meeting at noon at Red Lobster on Powers Blvd.
Wed, Jan 11" Eucharistic Adoration from 10am - 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children's hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Wed, Jan 11: Magnificat Moms 9-11:30 am
Wed, Jan 11: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Meeting 7 pm.
Thurs, Jan 12: St. Gabriel Ladies Ministry Meeting 6:30 pm.
Thurs, Jan 12: Pastoral Council Meeting 6:30 pm.
Fri, Jan 13: Reading/discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.
Fri, Jan 13: Altar server Training 6-8 pm.
Sat, Jan 14: Altar Server Training 10 am-12 pm..

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net>