[St. Gabriel Parish News] Parish News February 10, 2017

News from St. Gabriel Parish parishnews at lists.saintgabriel.net
Fri Feb 10 13:07:01 PST 2017

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Parish Logo]<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Parish News
February 10, 2017

________________________________

Vote for Briarfest

WOW! In just three short years our church festival called Briarfest has been nominated for Best of the Springs best local festival! What a great team of volunteers we have in putting this event together. Please help us grow by voting for Briarfest. We have been nominated along with a few of the awesome people/companies that helped make Briarfest possible including SofaKillers (Best Local Band) and Five Guys (Best Burger or Fry!) Thank you again to everyone who made #Briarfest2016 possible and please, PLEASE vote for us at http://www.thebestofthesprings.com/voting-home/. Briarfest is located in the A&E section under Local Festivals. PS You can vote once per email address. Tell your friends and vote early and often!

________________________________

Women’s Conference
St. Gabriel is hosting the 2017 Catholic Conference 4 Women on Saturday, March 4, 2017 from 9:30am-4pm. This year's topics will delve into how our relationships are deepened through Christ and how God calls us to be a gift of self for those we encounter in our lives.  Join us for an insightful day of Catholic talks and discussions designed to send us into the world with a renewed spirit, deepened relationship with God, and greater appreciation for our personal relationships.  Lunch will be provided. Childcare is available on a first come, first served basis and will fill up quickly.  Please register no later than February 27, 2017 at: stgabrielwomensconference.eventbrite.com. Suggested donation for the conference is $10.00.

________________________________

LENTEN MISSION

There will be a 1-day Lenten Mission on February 26, 2017 from 6:00-7:30pm presented by Fr. Christopher Gama, O.F.M. Cap. The Capuchin Saint Padre Pio tells us to "Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry.” Have you found these actions to be a challenge in the busyness of your life?  Have you ever felt lost or alone? Come and listen to how Fr. Christopher Gama, a lost fraternity college guy, learned how to Trust Jesus and follow him into his vocation as a Capuchin Friar.  Hear how Fr. Gama is now teaching others how to Trust in Jesus. Social with light snacks will take place in the Narthex. Childcare will be provided on a space available basis. For more information or to register for childcare contact the office by February 22 at 528-8407 or office at saintgabriel.net.

Online Resource Links

•   FORMED Sign-up<http://formed.org/register/#/registration/individual?parishCode=ef46a3>

•   Online Giving<https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=1317>

•   Y-Disciple Youth Ministry<http://www.saintgabriel.net/ParishMinistries/ContinuingEducation/YouthMinistryYDisciple.aspx>

Upcoming Events:
Mon, Feb 13: Ephesians: Discover Your Inheritance Bible Study 7 pm.
Tues, Feb 14: The Bible and the Virgin Mary Bible Study 9:30-11:30 am.
Tues, Feb 14: Senior Social 12 pm at Chili’s Academy & Vickers.
Wed, Feb 15: Eucharistic Adoration from 10am – 7pm. Pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet after the 12:15 Mass. Children’s hour at 2 pm. Pray the rosary at 6:15 pm. Evening Prayer and Benediction start at 6:40 pm.
Wed, Feb 15: Magnificat Moms Meeting 9:30 -11 am.
Fri, Feb 17: Reading/discussion group for The Diary of St. Faustina in the Library after 12:15 Mass.

Sat, Feb 18: Baptism Class 8:30 am-12:30 pm.

Sun, Feb 19: Young Adult Ministry Bible Study 5:45-6:45 pm.

For more news and events
View the latest Bulletins online<http://www.saintgabriel.net/parish-info/bulletins>

Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
8755 Scarborough Dr.  Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Office: (719) 528-8407
www.saintgabriel.net<http://www.saintgabriel.net/>